2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Boy I just can’t believe that lithium ion batteries of that size can explode with that much force. That’s got to be a high explosive built into the pagers, right?

Just from that one article my guess that they built little hand grenades that still functioned as pager but who knows

I don’t think they can. I’ve seen plenty of thermal runaway videos and they don’t look like that. Plenty of heat and fire but it’s not an explosive force. Someone put some actual explosives in there.

1 Like

Yeah, there was a YouTube video i saw recently where a dog was chewing on a Lithium Ion battery that was much bigger than I’m sure what was in these pagers, and while it did spark and cause a fire, there was certainly no explosive force.

Yeah the simultaneous massive detonations that killed a bunch of people and maimed hundreds or thousands is a pretty clear indicator these were micro grenades. Completely insane that the Israeli’s managed to not just compromise those pagers but implant them with explosives.

IMG_0580

1 Like

Awed and appalled at the same time.

https://twitter.com/ecareyo/status/1836406046056755515

I thought this was the city they’re obviously never going to build that’s like a 200 mile long line of buildings in the desert? Where did they film this?

looks like suburban arizona, except that there are no other humans

hhaahahah

https://x.com/benmckelvey/status/1836187908275081671

1 Like

The “controversies” section of the Wikipedia page for Neom includes “evictions and executions”, “abusive work culture”, and “surveillance”, as well as this tidbit:

Salman’s vision for the city incorporates some technologies that do not currently exist, such as flying cars, robot maids, dinosaur robots, and a giant artificial moon.

:harold:

This has got to be the plot of a the next Bond movie?

1 Like

Rosey

4 Likes

Amazing that dinosaur robots made the list of the critical future technology

1 Like

Still alive today! Off medications to increase her blood pressure, which is a huge step. She’s struggling to get off the vent because she gets too agitated but has a mental status.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ve now got Quantum Fiber internet, and YouTube TV, with the 4k addon to see if it matters, and NFL Red Zone. And I’m keeping Comcast at least through Sunday to get into the groove and make sure football watching goes smoothly.

Quantum Fiber is amazing. So much faster than cable. Hopefully it’s more reliable. Comcast has been surprisingly spotty the last few months, so my standards are low.

YouTube TV seems fine, once I get into the app. For YouTube TV users, what are you using to go from an off TV to actually get into the YouTube TV app? On my LG C3 OLED TV, I can get a YouTube TV app for it, but getting into it is ridiculously clunky. We also have a Roku stick, and it’s a little better, at least as long as I can convince the TV to start on the Roku HDMI port instead of having to switch to it from cable. For Roku, you’ve gotta push a button to wake it up from idle, then a couple presses to get into the YouTube TV app, one more to select who’s watching, and then you’re in. But, like, is there a way to set your TV to open the YouTube TV app by default, and with a default user, when you turn it on? This seems like something that should be possible, but at least Roku and our TV insist on making us choose from an array of apps every single time we turn on the TV. Is there a setting (or a different device to buy?) that is faster?

hmmm not sure because I haven’t tried. Might be a setting in your TV.

I use an apple tv and it’s pretty smooth

I forget exactly what model LG I have but I think it’s similar, and I know you can program your number keys on the remote so that if you hold them down they open specific apps. So if I hold “1” it opens YT TV. I haven’t researched if there’s anything like what you describe, but that’s at least pretty smooth.

1 Like

I don’t have a Roku, but the home button on my remote, click YouTube TV app works for me