2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I saw a Waymo self driving car without a backup driver for the first time yesterday.

They’ve been testing for years in AZ, but usually either they have a driver or I don’t get a good look.

But yesterday a completely empty car made a (perfectly smooth) left turn right in front of me and ngl it was…unsettling.

1 Like

If it was a Tesla it would have driven up onto the sidewalk and then spontaneously combusted.

2 Likes

MGM resorts dealing with a cyberattack nationwide currently. Need to expand to full tweet to see, but this is apparently causing thousands of guests to be locked out of their rooms currently since they operate off of a digital key system.

https://x.com/lookner/status/1701348520207229272?s=20

Put my daughters hair in pigtails for the first time. Dropped her off at daycare. When my wife picked her up, they complemented her on the pigtails and refused to believe I did them.

I’m pumped. Been working on my girl hair skills hard.

9 Likes

Apparently hands and feet develop faster than the rest of the body in the womb? Or Ainsley is gonna be a piano prodigy.

11 Likes

Making good progress? Both my niece and nephew had extended NICU stays, it’s tough.

cry

2 Likes

I always knew the new formula Sudafed was BS.

Oh yeah, they knew the moment it was released

1 Like

The drug companies need to go back to making everything with pseudo, and just put it all behind the counter if we need to prevent meth heads from buying it all.

Personally I never been fan of the Sudafed approach to colds. When I sick I want to sleep not have a racing heart/jittery and up all night. Hit me with a Benadryl to put me down and dry stuff up some IMO

They currently do that. Just need an ID

Yeah, I just meant include it in all cold medicines. Or do they do that too and I’ve only been getting the pure stuff?

They do that too, but they’ve made less because less people buy them now that they are behind the counter

In general, the combo cold meds suck. They have extra crap and don’t dose things properly. It’s pretty easy to take Tylenol, some cough med and pseudoephedrine all at the right dose.

1 Like

this is america, buddy

1 Like

TIL calzones were invented in naples in the 1700’s. I thought they were invented by pizza hut in 1996.

1 Like

I was pretty surprised that Taco Bell did not invent gorditas.

1 Like

The ONLY over the counter thing that doesn’t have real psuedo in it that works like a charm for certain symptoms is this stuff:

The certain symptoms being cough and to thin out mucus. The decongestant doesn’t work, obviously, but man, this stuff stops me from coughing nearly instantly.

1 Like

Meh… ime bourbon and honey is better

The Mucinex with the decongestant scrambles my brain something fierce. Just straight-up Mucinex, not extended release, works really well for me. I take the Costco generic. Without it, every cold I get turns into bronchitis.

My go-to for colds is Advil Cold & Sinus behind the counter. For allergies Allegra-D. If it doesn’t have the pseudo it’s worthless.