2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Really sorry to hear that CN, my condolences to you and your wife.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss,CN

Want a cheer-up? Ainsley is 3 weeks old today, and off the CPAP. She’s working on using the pacifier and she’s having regular bowel movements (including some blowouts!)

She’s doing so well they call her the NICU rockstar.

18 Likes

Awesome. I’m having a miserable week at work, good to see some patients doing well.

2 Likes

IMG_0251

Eyes! Hair! Hands!

11 Likes

Arby’s has an acceptable Philly cheesesteak if you live in an area that doesn’t make cheesesteaks.

This just can’t be true.

How would you know if you don’t have cheesesteak all the time?

iOS 17 is pretty good at identifying my frens out on the trail

I’ve been to Arby’s.

I’m afraid I have to amend my previous statement. I had another cheesesteak tonight and it had a nasty aftertaste, which might have been the ranch part of the ranch bacon version. I saw no bacon. I think I just ran good on the first sandwich or they gave me the classic or both. Too bad, would be nice have an ok cheesesteak around.

1 Like

Is ranch normally on a typical cheese steak? That sounds gross to me

I object.

FUCK NO! Chopped steak on a roll with cheese melted through it or cheez wiz on top. I’m a normal cheese guy. Normal toppings would be stuff like lettuce, onions (raw or grilled), tomato, etc. Ketchup is pretty normal.

Where do you live?

2 Likes

I think ranch could work on a cheesesteak, never tried it, but I’d guess 10% chance of grossness, 20% chance of meh, 70% chance of yum, I like ranch though would eat it out of the bottle probably has definitely happened.

3 Likes

I confess I’ve never had a philly cheesteak. there are a few places around here. supposed to be good because theres a ton of philly transplants around here for some weird reason, even some eagles only bars. It just looks like a sandwich that could have a very wide range between bad and good and so I avoid it.

A great cheesesteak is life changing. Weirdly there used to be a chain called steak escape in the Midwest that was truly incredible, but it’s now out of business. The only acceptable ingredients are finely chopped steak, provolone or whiz and onions. Crucially, you need a freshly baked bun.

2 Likes

What about mustard?

American cheese is totally fine, and I’d say a more common selection than provolone.

Cheesesteak purists are weird imo. It’s meat, cheese and bread. Put some onion in there. Done. It’s great.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anyone put mustard on one. Usually it’s ketchup or nothing other than the steak/cheese/onions. Lettuce (chopped up) is fine imo. Generally I put a little ketchup on, but not too much. Sometimes I take a bite first and then decide based on how much cheese is in there and thus whether it needs anything added. It can be a little dry if there’s not abundant cheese (which there should be).