2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Every day it physically pains me this shit is actually happening. It’s watching the slowest motion car wreck possible. I knew the instant Mitch didn’t nuke him we were gonna end up here .

No clue. The reporter who initially posted that tweet took it down.

I can definitely relate to this. It’s disheartening to say the least.

The timing is particularly bad for me because I’m committed to working the primary election again this year so starting tomorrow I’ll be getting up early and commuting downtown for the next three weeks, hoping that somehow democracy still matters.

:harold:

It seems pretty bad for the secret service that this particular rooftop was not secured but has anyone explained how this kid knew that it would be unsecured? Are we supposed to believe this kid just rolled up hoping the roof was empty? He didn’t pick this roof randomly. It just seems like we are missing something here, did the secret service (or a local agency) have an opsec leak that allowed this kid to figure out where they would and would not be?

1 Like

Between throwing Trump a second impeachment lifeline and holding Merrick Garland’s nomination, I’m not sure there’s a more central figure to the [potential] downfall of American democracy than Mitch McConnell.

Around 6:10 p.m.

— After rally-goers notice a man climbing on the top of the roof of a nearby building, a local law enforcement officer climbs to the roof, according to two law enforcement officials.

— A man identified by the FBI as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks points his rifle at the officer, who retreats down the ladder, the officials said.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-assassination-attempt-timeline-59e2f4fcdf8379aa2cb5f141825d60a3

:leolol:

How lucky is this fucking guy? Runs into the two most unelectable opponents in political history, gets smacked down hard with COVID and survives, runs into the one Pennsyltucky dipshit who doesn’t know how to use a gun, etc. etc. He’d have been busto if NBC hadn’t given him the Apprentice job right when he needed it. Guy hits the lotto every single time.

4 Likes

My brother says

Second shooter with a BB gun hit his ear

No one rises out of the secret service protective envelope unless they know there is no actual threat.

You think the SS had an opsec leak that made its way to a random 20 y.o.? I think he got really fucking lucky.

Feel like the bits and pieces coming out about the shooter make it sound more like your “usual” mass shooter than some highly politically motivated person carefully plotting an assassination. I bet he just rolled up and happened to find that ladder to roof

Yeah, I mean my theory for a little while has that he was lying about being a Never Trumper, although today he made some anti-Trump comments. But he definitely blames the left for political violence like this, and complains about Antifa, BLM, radical college kids, etc from time to time.

Yeah the whole “I wasn’t even gonna vote for him, but you guys went too far and now I have to!” thing is a standard part of the playbook. Do what you were gonna do anyway, while trying to make the other side feel like they fucked up.

Well he hasn’t said he’s voting for him now, I’ve been assuming it for a few months. He dislikes Trump, but he loathes Biden and Harris. The way he talks about them is on a different level.

So how does your dad reconcile that shooter was a republican, with left being responsible? False flag? Some other method?

The left created this atmosphere with all their violent rhetoric!

I guess that’s one way to go. I’m curious which option he actually went with.

If he’s anything like my deplorable in-laws there is a fuzzy line that draws back to the George Floyd/BLM “riots” with a jaunt through paid actors on college campuses “protesting” in support of Hamas.

https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1812646807849074815

:vince1: