2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

She has significant equity. Trump is a 2 to 1 favorite and I’m tempted to load up on the Dems.

2 Likes

NYT must have had this in the can already:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/21/opinion/editorials/joe-biden-drops-out-courage.html

Actually, the whole top of the home page is too good to have been thrown together in the last half hour. They must have been planning for this. (As they should have I guess.)

Where da memes

Can we donate to Kamala yet? Is there a website up?

I was assured it would be logistically impossible for Joe to step down though!

How does Harris not already have a website up to take donations? WTF?

Is there a betting line on how long Trump can go without calling her a DEI candidate? I’m sure Loomer is already on top of it.

Like, Trump has been targeting young black and Latino voters. Harris stands to win a nice chunk of them back. Young turnout should go back up. Trump has been fantasizing about landslides and NJ and NM and lolNY.

The key is, Biden appealed to center-right voters in 2020. That’s a tougher lift for Kamala, and they need to create a permission structure for them to vote for KH. It probably involves Romney, Cheney, and if possible Dubya.

While she’s a bad candidate in a vacuum, you can make a compelling argument her strengths match up to Trump’s weaknesses. She can hammer abortion very effectively, she has the prosecutor/felon angle, when he hammers the border she can say she locked up the real gang members as a prosecutor and she knows how to put the bad people away.

Wonder if they were being super paranoid about if a screenshot leaked even if was just being made in case with no real info

2 Likes

When he does, it’s gonna piss off those young voters of color he’s after. Also, she can hit him on “You know what a black job is? President of the United States.”

According to the interwebs he was all-in as of last night and only decided to change course in the last couple of hours.

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1815098197079146702

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for but this is America. Low information voters might not even hear about it.

Why do you think she can win Latinos back? Young African-Americans? Maybe.

I agree that some of the worst landslide outcomes are probably out of play. Maybe Trump will only win by Obama 2008 levels now.

Dubya and doing jack shit. Cheney probably endorses. Maybe Romney. I don’t know who listens to them though.

This is her only hope and is why I give her maybe 10 percent equity versus Biden’s 0 percent.

I’ve been in the “turn out your voters” camp over the “persuade the undecideds” camp for a while, so Biden leaving and Harris becoming the nominee seems like the best outcome to me.

All the disaffected Dems who felt betrayed or hopeless with Biden as the guy should hopefully be able to get energized and activated by having Harris as their candidate.

The question then becomes, can this re-energized Dem base outvote the base on the other side, who have been whipped into a frenzy of adulation for their god-anointed ruler by the assassination attempt?

5 Likes

Thinking Romney or W would endorse Kamala is bananas

I agree. And these voters are in critical places: Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Phoenix, Philly.

2 Likes

I would actually not be surprised for Romney to do so. Bush is much more on the periphery.

Bush would endorse Trump before he’d endorse Kamala.

Yeah worrying about getting prominent R endorsement is silly. Kamala first call gotta be to swift

1 Like

https://x.com/eliotetc/status/1815089962850902076?s=46&t=45vgHoZvsEXz2aWNi8tmcw

5 Likes