2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Polls like this make no sense. Again with the young voters.

https://x.com/iapolls2022/status/1768720969537818803?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

I dunno, if poll after poll keeps saying the same thing there’s probably something there. Unskewing the polls didn’t work out so hot for Willard in 2012 or for DJT’s primary opponents in 2016.

1 Like

Nobody is saying that voters are pleased that they’re about to have the already stale choice from 2020 forced down their throats again. That’s what the polls are returning.

Biden won that election too.

Biden was also up in the polls from wire to wire in that election.

It would be a crazy electoral realignment that makes no sense in the context of what each candidate is doing and groups they’re trying to appeal to.

I’ll believe that young people aren’t happy with Biden and would give him “very unfavorable” in an opinion poll.

The under 30s going for Trump in a 1v1 matchup would be a seismic shift from 4 years ago.

We’ve seen this in a lot of polls now. If it’s real, why aren’t people talking about it? If it’s bullshit, why aren’t people talking about it?

(For the record, I’m fully on Team “It’s bullshit”)

The crosstabs of polls have been historically inaccurate for years even if the top line results haven’t been as bad.

Sure, but it’s not one poll here or there that’s finding this either.

Forgive my ignorance, but how are they reaching these under 30 people? I’ve never once been contacted for a poll and I’d sure as hell not answer a random call, text or email.

The crosstabs of polls have been systemically off for years. I have full faith that the crosstabs of these polls are systemically off as well. Unfortunately the top line numbers have not really been systemically off (except a bit understating trump’s support on occasion). So I completely believe the top line numbers.

Idk, the far right is surging among young voters in Europe and they elected a right wing nutjob in Argentina. It wouldn’t be that shocking to see the fascists start to make big gains in the youth vote here.

I’m hopeful not true but kinda feel like there a lot of young wannabe Elon musks / quasi incels / etc

I worry a lot about the right wing social media / you tube algorithm stuff sucking in unhappy lonely young people. It’s a real problem.

1 Like

Pence not endorsing Trump and I’m sure nobody will care, absolutely insane world we living in

Pence didn’t endorse Trump because Trump softened on abortion lol.

https://x.com/AOC/status/1769067674925953217?s=20

2 Likes

If I could go back in time and tell 2020 me that in 2024 AOC would be sticking up for Mike Pence I don’t think I’d have believed me.

I don’t think that qualifies in my book as sticking up for Pence (although I don’t think it is entirely unreasonable to view it that way). Just a nice, routine dunk on Noem.

While the good ol’ US of A leads the right wing terrorist parade, it sadly isn’t isolated to this side of the pond and it takes a while to export the crazy out to our friends and allies.

God, I have to believe and hope that this is a huge unforced error on Trump’s Part:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/politics/trump-thinking-in-terms-of-15-week-federal-abortion-ban/index.html