2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Is Dementia Don Melting Down?

This campaign reminds me of 2016 tbh. Lots of news events that are devastating for Trump and good for the dem and then polls either don’t move at all, or edge in Trumps direction.

Today I learned Laura Loomer started an ISIS club in college to prove liberals would join it, then nobody joined it and she got kicked out for starting an ISIS club.

5 Likes

Please tell me that’s true lol.

In all seriousness, if we don’t win this thing, it’s going to be all kinds of fun when Trump makes Loomer his Chief of Staff.

1 Like

Wiki:

In March 2015, Loomer used a concealed video camera to record her conversations with Barry University officials, discussing the idea of starting a club called “Sympathetic Students in Support of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”. The school apparently asked only that the club’s name be changed to “Students in Support of the Middle East”. James O’Keefe of Project Veritas, a right-wing organization known for producing secretly recorded and deceptively edited undercover audio and video investigations about media organizations and left-leaning groups,[26][27] released the video of the encounter,[22] alleging that it captured a university official unfazed by the idea of an on-campus organization to support ISIS.[28] Shortly thereafter, the university suspended Loomer for violating the student code of conduct and a professor shown in the video filed criminal charges against her for recording him without his knowledge.[29] At the time, Loomer was an honors student in her senior year and the president of Barry University’s Young Republicans Club.[30]

2 Likes

Kamala gains 2 points to +5 in Morning Consult, 1 point to +5 in Ipsos.

3 Likes

That’s about the best you could expect.

Which is insanely depressing.

I mean if it’s a +1 to +2 that sticks, it’s actually great and could be the thing that seals the deal. If it’s the typical goldfish-brain bullshit and it disappears within two weeks, then fuck everyone.

I think +5 is about the ceiling.

It’s the swings that matter and those are going to be <<5% for sure as we go to the polls. No coasting.

My mom brought up the debate to our 24 year old admin assistant, and it went about as well as you would expect.

“I hope you didn’t think she did well. She’s evil.”

Admin - “Trump gave me nothing - he sounded crazy.”

“They were so mean to Trump. They didn’t fact check her and it was 3 v 1.”

At this point I couldn’t help but interject.

She wasn’t lying mom…they fact checked the person telling lies. Crazy how that works right?

“They fact checked her after the debate. She’s dumb and a liar. She’ll probably win but luckily she’s too stupid to get anything done.”

Okay, show me the fact checking.

“I won’t waste my time.”

Source - trust me bro.

Never change!

2 Likes

By the way, I’d like to give a special fuck you to Joe Biden for putting on the Trump hat like this is all a big joke. Dems act like he’s a threat to democracy, then other times they act like it’s all fun and games. If Joe thinks wearing a Trump hat is funny, why should we all be worried about democracy?

Oh, I remember how effective treating Trump as a threat to democracy worked for President Clinton.

Treating him as a joke is way more effective. He likes to be a threat to democracy, and his supporters like it too.

2 Likes

Yeah this is it. The right way to deal with Trump is to relentlessly mock him. I’m not sure putting on a MAGA hat was a good move, but it is a nice picture to throw at people calling him divisive I guess?

IDK I don’t think anything Joe Biden does from here is moving the needle. Let him be JB to the end.

https://www.wdtn.com/top-stories/springfield-city-hall-evacuated-after-threat/

:shocked_pika:

:100:

Kamala’s next ad: “Hahah grandpa got another Nazi chain letter about immigrants eating cats, bless his heart, wow it’s a good thing we took all his credit cards who knows what else he would fall for”

https://x.com/NoahGarfinkel/status/1833708370974695574

3 Likes

That’s a…very interesting way to describe the Civil Rights Era

1 Like

That photo was real? I thought it was fake/AI generated like all those cat memes.

:vince:

2 Likes