2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

What do you think the Dems would do re: SCOTUS if they controlled both chambers of Congress and the Presidency?

Wring their hands and complain about the unfairness of the situation, while assuring the public they’ll act within the framework of the constitution to fix it. Then hope that somehow Thomas and Alito croak before they lose the Senate.

Guess that is your take away from Trumpism, when you get caught in a lie, double, triple and quadruple down.

And to be clear here, I don’t think it’s necessarily true that other Ds were lying before the debate but they are 100% being asked to now.

Where’d you do your neuro residency again?

I don’t give a fuck what medical term you want to use to describe it but the man cannot digest a simple question and form a coherent response. We all fucking saw it with our own eyes.

He can though. He did during that debate. He had other recent interviews that went well. You’re fully swallowing some weird mix of lefty Trump propaganda

The debate you admit to not watching? And everyone who did watch it is telling you he couldn’t complete a coherent sentence?

Did you miss our fearless leader’s 4.5 minute speech? He dissents!

@MrWookie its as easy as above. You’re overestimating how bad the optics are of switching and dramatically underestimating how damaging the optics of last Thursday were.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll get real literal to satisfy you deludes. It is known that he often cannot digest simple questions and form coherent responses. And it is known that the frequency with which that occurs will increase with every passing day.

I feel like we’re very close to this situation now.

The only things that are possibly saving us from utter catastrophe is that:

• The SCOTUS put out some truly batshit crazy decisions this summer.
  • Trump is an awful candidate.

The big issue here is that the best solution by far was for Biden to announce a year ago that he’s not running again as promised. But now both paths forward kinda suck, and if we lose in November, it’ll be easy for either side to say “I told you so” depending on whether it’s Biden or Newsom/Harris/whoever that takes the L.

IMO the choice that has the worse downside is sticking with Biden. Seems like the best we can hope for in that timeline is that he’s sharp as hell during a later debate, and maybe that brings him back to the coinflippy poll territory where he was, but still with the looming issue that he’s looked out of it in the past and the question of how bad is that gonna be by 2029. I mean I actually think the guy doesn’t have any major decline and can do 95% of his job just fine at this point, and it still gives me a ton of pause thinking about him doing this another 4.5 years.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s “that easy”, but I do think it’s much better than the alternative.

they did just a few months ago and they did nothing

1 Like

counterpoint: terminally online people are vastly overestimating the optics and consequences of this

2 Likes

I keep hearing this but never see a link to a video of any of them

The interviews this year that have gone well are the most asskissing, handholding interviews I have ever heard and Biden just gets to talk about his family and how much he loves them and how close they are and what a great family man he is.

Yes, even the Howard Stern one. The king of shock has gone soft.

Oddly, none of the posters who are all-in on Biden being fine have replied to this.

But he did answer questions effectively at times, and if you think otherwise you didn’t watch the debate

Biden has been out there, you just missed it