2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

GOP attack ad already does this by simply asking of Biden, “Is it dishonesty or dementia?”

Meh I actually think that was a presidential interview, your a VP, gotta be 100% loyal and holding party line publicly till the plug is pulled.

It’s not about loyalty or not, you’re the VP - 99% of your job is being “ready to lead the country if necessary.”

In her shoes, the obvious answer was something like “I never would have accepted the job if I wasn’t ready to lead if necessary, but let me be clear: Joe Biden is our nominee and I’m proud to be his running mate.”

1 Like

Yeah she’s better than grandpa dementia but she ain’t it either. The answer is bad, as you said, and her cadence is really off putting for some reason. I don’t think she will be able to rally the voters around a message

2 Likes

Right that’s such an easy answer. Just take any boilerplate ever used by a backup QB

1 Like

Her cadence is like an SNL skit of someone trying too hard to look and sound like a politician.

1 Like

She’s also the easiest person to attack for being complicit in hiding Biden’s decline from the American people. It’s why the priority should be getting Michelle Obama, Newsom, Whitmer, or Mayor Pete to run.

3 Likes

I obviously get that but still disagree currently she is the VP and he president and any statement she makes even in hypothetical like that gives extra life to idea that Biden shouldn’t be president so she needs to ignore the question like she did imo.

Now if we later find out she in private was actively pushing Biden to soldier on that is another thing

Just watched 30 minutes of the 2022 Michigan gubernatorial debate. Based on that quick vibes pulse check I think Whitmer would crush Trump. She’s not gonna inspire like Obama but she exudes competence and clarity. Suburban white women would turn out like crazy for her, Republicans who don’t like Trump wouldn’t be motivated to get off the couch and vote against her, she would also win over independent “swing voters” by being a sane competent alternative to Trump. Unlike Michele Obama she actually has political and state level executive experience.

Don’t know if she wants it, what it means for the state of Michigan if she leaves to campaign, or how black voters will care but if the goal is to beat Trump at all costs (and it should be!) then she’s the ticket.

Butnahhh not gonna happen

1 Like

Fwiw I think you’ve had some exceedingly reasonable takes throughout the thread.

1 Like

I guess I’m the only one who would but I’d gladly vote for her and would be happy to see her return and defeat Trump. I’m not saying she could! But I’d be happy to see it happen.

1 Like

The evening reporter updates from NYT don’t seem like he thrown in the towel :harold:

I will vote for Kamala if she’s the nominee, I will vote for Biden if he doesn’t step aside. I simply don’t believe either of them are winning. I also believe we have several candidates who would win.

4 Likes

She was already walking away and could have also just ignored it outright.

1 Like

That’s fair

Regardless in scheme of the mistakes Ds may be making right now doesn’t seem to rank too high

1 Like

No but in the context of what we can expect on the campaign trail if she’s handed the crown, it’s a little window in.

It’s happening?

https://x.com/allinwithchris/status/1808301888187625982?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Second Dem in Congress today who said Biden will lose, but didn’t call on him to drop out.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1808302872108347778?t=2XHmgGPYLmQAnhJ_uJ_aVg&s=19

wtf are we reading into things too much? Because that sounds like a direct admission they looking to make a change? (Which would seem heck of thing to drop on a random interview)

ETA I guess could be saying that very quickly they going to cook up a new campaign strategy for Biden? But that seems a stretch

Yeah, your edit is why he isn’t completely letting the cat out of the bag…but he is pretty much letting the cat out of the bag.