Ask me about the Apple Vision

I haven’t tried to do any writing on it so I don’t know how much trying to place the cursor with your eyes over time could lead to strain. I’ve barely used it with a trackpad and keyboard for work stuff and playing Minecraft with a trackpad is awful so haven’t tried that yet.

Flew between Denver and Seattle this last weekend and used the Apple Vision Pro. Flew 1st class because I had points and don’t fit in coach very well, the extra space was important because the Apple case for the AVP is about the size of a helmet, it took up half the space in my 35 liter backpack.

No one cared.

I waited till everyone on was on board before putting on the headset so the poors wouldn’t stare. Had no problems hearing the stewardess bring stuff and neither of the people I sat by were talkers. Bless my resting “go away” face.

Watched Dune 2 and part of Nobody across both flights, the screen appeared to cover about half the space in the cabin. There was no problems seeing the stewardess around the screen. To keep that situational awareness I didn’t play with the virtual environments much, but did dial it in once and was very nice. May be more useful on a longer flight (SEA to DEN 2.5 hours). No problem with the batteries, on the way out I didn’t have a cord to plug into the seat, on the way back with it plugged in I had 50% battery at the end of the flight.

All in, I’m glad I had it and look forward to using it on flights in the future, it is a use case the AVP shines in.

3 Likes