Crapto thread: Going Blind to own the poors

SlowPonyExpress is created and Bitcoin immediately starts mooning. Coincidence? I think not!

2 Likes

All I know is my corn and rum is more valuable now

1 Like

We started like

and now we all

2 Likes

Really enjoying being above negative 50% again

I bought a bunch of BTC at 16.5, to the moon baby :full_moon:

You’ll know it’s at it’s new peak when boomers start talking about buying it again.

Levine with some great stuff as usual on the SEC coming for Gemini. First, on the inherent contradiction at the heart of how crypto firms want to do business:

Also, Gemini made the SEC’s case a lot easier by going off and losing all the money that they were supposed to be keeping safe for their customers:

And lastly, the guys who ran Three Arrows Capital into the ground are back with a new business!

:leolol:

1 Like

lol what the hell. Levine today: FTX might be making a comeback?

That’s amazing, particularly the last part about the FTT token increasing in price. Levine wrote about FTT yesterday and the hilarity of thinking it will ever be worth something:

And yet, here we are! Crapto is magical, don’t let your dreams be dreams, anything is possible.

:vince3:

3 Likes

:vince4:

Levine with some more great stuff about the Celsius (“either the banks or lying or Celsius is lying”, oops!) bankruptcy, reviewing a bankruptcy court’s report:

1 Like

:vincelaser:

2 Likes

When I originally told you this all itt ETH was 1320.

2 Likes

Fuck yeah man soon I’ll be at -40%

:vince3:

itysl tables go to hell you fucking pig

2 Likes

In a very :leolol: result, some guy who made NFTs very obviously infringing on Hermes’ trademarks for Birkin bags got sued by Hermes and lost. Levine:

:leolol:

1 Like

I’m pretty fully on the side of the luxury handbag monstrosity here. That’s how much I hate scammers.

1 Like

Levine on regulating crypto, and why the SEC’s hands are no longer tied now in a way they kinda were in 2021:

He notes the SEC is starting to take more enforcement actions against crypto companies, including forcing Kraken to shut down their Ethereum staking program and telling Paxos (a stablecoin issuer) they’re going to sue them over their Binance USD stablecoin.

A throwback to Top Shot, the first big & hilarious NFT bubble that got so many of us started on them:

Judge refused to dismiss a lawsuit against Dapper for offering unregistered securities, finding it at least plausible that they might meet the Howey test for securities:

Levine wrote extensively about this today and I think he has a really good & clear explanation about why this kinda makes sense, in terms of Dapper having control over the entire ecosystem of Top Shot (the marketplace, the blockchain - it’s all theirs) and how that makes their NFTs a bit more security-like than a typical jpeg you might trade on Ethereum. Also covers some great stuff about how they took forever to get withdrawals up and running so you could, you know, actually cash out the money you put on their platform, and the chef’s kiss is citing their own marketing tweets:

lol, they fucked around and I hope they find out