Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

Even MrsWookie, nominator of the Turning Red song, concedes that it may not land with you if you haven’t seen the movie, and the movie itself will land with you depending strongly on how much you can connect with an awkward pubescent Asian girl in Toronto in the early 2000s. I enjoyed the movie, but not as much as MrsWookie, who had the common ground of having been an awkward pubescent girl at one point (but not Asian, and not from Toronto, and not in the early 2000s).

I have questions about the validity of a seeding committee that had I Wanna Be Like You as a 12 seed :vince:

I am pretty sure it got only a single nomination in the thread, so I was not going to seed it above songs that got more. It was it vs. Hakuna Matata for the last 11 seed spot, so it’s one of the highest of the single-nom songs. I would have you direct your ire at e.g. my dad, who submitted a song (Davy Crockett) that may not garner a single vote instead of a legit contender.

2 Likes

I’m also deeply disappointed in everyone voting for a 2nd tier Aladdin song over the banger that is Sugar Rush.

Should we be concerned that “Prince Ali” brags about him having slaves? :harold: Literally never realized that line was in there until this most recent listen.

Jungle Book is just bangers front to back. Don’t think there’s a dud in the entire movie.

2 Likes

In the context of the movie though, line is ok. The song is about a guy pretending to be an asshole prince, who later finds out that it’s better not to be the asshole prince.

1 Like

This is pretty disappointing voter turnout folks. Should I put the next batch in a new thread? Do we need to do some canvasing? What’s up?

I admit I only voted for a few of those poll because i didn’t feel strongly about it. I would use this thread to at least close it to 32 as quick as possible. After 32 i think it starts to get heated

Needs more incentives.

No one wants to be the party. They want to go to the party.

Time for you to start livestreaming as you sing each nominated song :crazy_face:

1 Like

:vince1:

1 Like

i’ll give my picks on monday. weekends are too booked

Polls close 12:30 pm PDT.

Bump for the last few hours to vote.

I only made that joke because Wookie is reputed to have a good singing voice and received formal training during his schooling years.

You haven’t heard a Disney song until someone puts an opera spin on it. The first time someone gave me “Part of Your World” with a booming vibrato was jaw dropping.

1 Like

And that’s a wrap.

Let’s Go Fly a Kite, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Prince Ali, Baby Mine, I Wanna Be Like U, One Jump Ahead, Do You Want to Build a Snowman?, and When She Loved Me all survive and advance.

Biggest upset so far? One of my girls voting against Do You Want to Build a Snowman. Would have lost all the money betting on that one.

Next batch incoming.

14 Seed: You’ve Got a Friend In Me - Toy Story

vs

19 Seed: The Gospel Truth - Hercules

#14 You’ve Got a Friend In Me - Toy Story vs. #19 The Gospel Truth - Hercules
  • #16 You’ve Got a Friend In Me - Toy Story
  • #19 The Gospel Truth - Hercules
0 voters

6 Seed: This is Halloween - The Nightmare Before Christmas

vs

27 Seed: Sanctuary! - Hunchback of Notre Dame

#6 This is Halloween - The Nightmare Before Christmas vs. #27 Sanctuary! - Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • #6 This is Halloween - The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • #27 Sanctuary! - Hunchback of Notre Dame
0 voters

11 Seed: How far I’ll Go — Moana

vs

22 Seed: Have You Been To Baía, Donald? - The Three Caballeros

#11 How far I’ll Go — Moana vs. #22 Have You Been To Baía, Donald? - The Three Caballeros
  • #11 How far I’ll Go — Moana
  • #22 Have You Been To Baía, Donald? - The Three Caballeros
0 voters

16 Seed: Touch the Sky - Brave

vs

17 Seed: When Can I See You Again – Wreck It Ralph

#16 Touch the Sky - Brave vs. #17 When Can I See You Again – Wreck It Ralph
  • #16 Touch the Sky - Brave
  • #17 When Can I See You Again – Wreck It Ralph
0 voters