Happy Independence Day Thread

rough take. I’ve lately gone mustard, relish, onion, and jalapeno.

nothing better than a high quality all-beef glizzy on a brioche bun.

2 Likes

I liked this post, but your ketchup on a hot dog take is egregious

4 Likes

Found the guy who doesn’t like acid tastes in his food. This combination you have proposed is max sweet min salty zero acid, honestly kind of gross. Would be fine with mustard or with regular relish instead of sweet relish. I don’t get sweet relish + ketchup. Regular Relish + Ketchup is an elite pairing obviously.

1 Like

praise him

1 Like

#TeamMustard

Ketchup is for fries

2 Likes

I realize how hot this take is, but gonna say it anyway:

Ketchup/Mustard/Relish/Mayo are all gross.

1 Like

sriracha?

1 Like

Is sometimes fine in small doses.

Not on a hot dog though.

Lukewarm take: Everyone should it their hot dogs like they damn well please

3 Likes

I have different tastes (and a different relationship with food) than most due to medical reasons, but both ketchup and relish are in fact quite acidic.

Obviously I’m just kidding around. People should eat what they like and ignore anybody who says what they like is “gross”.

Like, not just in hot dogs, just gross period?

Are you sure you realize how hot that take is?

@moderators move to the hot take thread please.

Pretty much.

At absolute best, it’s neutral and somehow doesn’t ruin the food it’s on.

I realize my food takes are abnormal (i.e. fruit is never appropriate in or as a dessert and is always disgusting cooked).

I feel like anyone who doesn’t like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches food takes can be safely ignored idk.

This mf doesn’t even have a real job anymore and he’s still thanking the goddamn troops

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1676215090482126848

WOAT holiday. Gross food, appropriated by Trump voters, too hot, have to fake patriotism. Could go on.

1 Like

Yeah we’re doing exactly nothing. Very annoying holiday. It’s 3:40PM on a Tuesday and I’ve been shitposting and considering wasting money on the steam summer sale basically all day. And I’ve made exactly zero dollars for the week so far, so that’s great. Really looking forward to doing 5 days of work in realistically 3.5 days starting tomorrow.

The only way to stop a bad dog with a roman candle is a good dog with a roman candle. MURICA!

1 Like

LOL I just went to my office and did work rather than participate in any group activities on this shit “holiday.”

1 Like