Just memes

https://twitter.com/strongmisgiving/status/1758516137866715524?t=_4mDGBtoIZLKOSwL8V_kDQ&s=19

3 Likes

Am I an old for remembering a time where a singular live performance of a song could be a cultural event?

Didn’t we just have one with Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs?

This is a fair point.

3:25 is when Prince starts doing his thing. Sometimes this’ll pop into my head and I just have to watch it again. The joy on George’s son’s face.

5 Likes

I didn’t see this until it was posted after Prince died. I guess I don’t care enough about the R&R Hall of Fame to tune into anything about it, but did a lot of people catch this at the time, such that it was a cultural touchstone I missed out on? Anyway, hoooottttt dayummmm did he ever style all over the rest of those motherfuckers.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. Not really sure but I definitely knew about it way before he died.

1 Like

Another classic Prince story that not everyone knows is when he hijacked the Super Bowl press conference he was required to do as the halftime show act, and instead turned it into an impromptu concert.

1 Like

yeah this is no doubt the GOAT media week press conference, swag levels are off the charts

1 Like

jesus can you imagine being there thinking you were actually going to get to ask a question and instead getting this super-exclusive performance? There’s probably just a couple hundred dipshit journalists in there, and he walks in with the whole band and just starts fucking dunking? omg.

anyway, came here to post this dumb shit, which is good but not anywhere close to as good as prince going off

https://x.com/mutablejoe/status/1762923564796100841

1 Like

My favorite part of the whole thing is the guy who starts asking some basic question just to have Prince cut him off with the guitar riff.

Now I’m thinking maybe we should do a greatest live music performances draft to see how many drafted are from the past 10 years.

We’re olds, tho.

Should still be fun though

7 Likes

2 Likes

I started getting a lot of the “vibing Shiba Inu” memes so I tried clicking only on those for a a day and now that’s all zucc shows me

1 Like