Just memes

I thought that was the point of takes on the internet?

There is so much Star Wars around these days it isn’t that special any more. I think the biggest difference between the first trilogy and the later ones is that the first one didn’t feel like it was written for 10 year olds, that may be a function of me having been 10 when they first came out though. They weren’t as pandering to children and weren’t trying to sell shit the whole movie either, at least not the first 2.

1 Like

The original trilogy (with maybe the exception of the Ewoks, although I don’t think they’re that bad) is sort of this perfect storm of where kids watching it can understand everything but it doesn’t cater to them either. A lot of the humor is just sarcastic type comments that all ages can find funny, plus some very mild slapstick (mostly with the droids) that they don’t go overboard with. Feels like they couldn’t replicate this recipe at all in any of the other six movies.

In the Disney era in particular, anything trying to at least be friendly to kids has been mediocre to bad IMO. Rogue One and the Andor series are by far my favorite stuff from this current era, but I’ll fully admit they’ve lost the youngest demographic with those.

3 Likes

That galaxy should be big enough for kid stuff and non-kid stuff…

I enjoy book of boba fett a lot.

What, the spectacular faceplants or crapping on stuff?

s4eamxv

1 Like

Yup, how do you know you’ve got weird taste without letting others know about it and mock you for it in public?

1 Like

37 million views and counting :pray:

1 Like

5 Likes

is this a real greinke quote? He’s weird enough that I could easily see him saying this, but it also seems like something a boomer minion meme maker would make up so he can bitch about chipotle

1 Like

greinkie def. my favorite athlete overall as a complete human, just amazing and fascinating

It is, and I think he made it right around the time he signed his first contract with the Dodgers for $147 million.

EDIT: Got the timing wrong based on further research, the quote was from 2009 when he was slumming it making $3.75 million for the Royals.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

What is it supposed to be?

It’s a hand hole in the box for carrying it.

4 Likes

I never, ever would have figured this out

2 Likes