Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

Can’t he just borrow against them instead of selling them? I think that’s the standard uber rich CEO guy play.

1 Like

What’s the net worth of the cult? Do they have billions to pump into this as Trump cashes out? If not, it’s not going to work.

And even if they do, it’s still crashing after that. The fundamentals always eventually matter. The question here is not whether $DJT crashes, it’s whether Trump can cash out first.

Tesla though, and this cult is much bigger.

Tesla trades at like 6x revenue. Truth is currently valued at like 3,200x revenue.

Think of all the money the cult just gives. Now, instead, they can INVEST in Trump, and number might go up for a while. Could get stupid, most memecoins have a revenue of $0.

It already is stupid. The question is how much stupider can it get and how long can it stay stupid? My guess is that the actual float on the stock is very low, and we’ll see it continue to be stupid for a while. But when Trump tries to unload, then it’s going to be hard for it to stay stupid.

There’s a ton of convertible debt that is unlocked. Lots of institutional investors will be dumping it ASAP.

Is the lock up 6 months?

lol there are really institutional investors in this thing?

I don’t think there’s much blood from that turnip any more. r/dwac was a thing for like 2 years. That of course leaves the question of which turnip then. Which turnip indeed.

Pretty fucking high. The cult has like 100 million people in it.

The level of stupidity that it can get to has no limits. I was not joking when I posted that it could eclipse Meta as the most valuable social media company. Crypto has no inherent value either and look at it’s market cap.

Nah, I mean, there are a lot of rich people voting for tax cuts and shit like that. He got 74M votes in 2020, the cult is maybe 30M people, and they’re not the wealthiest 30M of the 74M either.

Edit: on the other hand, dogecoin has a market cap of $26B… So, yeah I guess it’s theoretically possible. However, hedge funds aren’t shorting dogecoin.

Like, the actual value of $DJT is pretty clearly $0. There’s a LOT of money to be made shorting it. Surely some hedge funds are going to take a crack at it.

Somehow yes. They raised $50m with convertible notes last month:

It’s probably just money laundering. These sound like the “fund” equivalent of payday lending.

I guess we don’t know the strike price of the convertible warrants on the $50M but if that’s an 8% dividend and a short lock up on a strike price around $11.50 that’s hilarious. That’s such a rug pull on shareholders lol…

The books that get written about this shit are going to be epic.

It’s already shorted to the max, there are no shares available to borrow (possibly not even via private locate, but I suppose exercising a put / getting a call assigned would still work). The demand for shorting is so high that the fee rate is 416%, meaning that it costs 1.2% per day to hold one’s short position. Longs lending their shares get paid half that each day—a reward for being stupid.

A synthetic short would be the way to go right now, for instance 65c and 65p are selling for similar prices. If you lose a little on the spreads that’s still much better than paying the borrow fees. Normally with such a high borrow fee, the puts would be significantly more expensive than the calls from what I’ve seen.

I shorted before the ticker change at $51 :harold:

2 Likes

It should all be in the actual filing for the offering/placement. I’ve 0 interest in trying to short or long this turd, so I’m willfully ignorant on the details.

this thing could easily go to $100 or $200 before it goes to $0

yahoo is covering it with the meme stocks

Yeah I don’t do shorts and my track record with options sucks - a lot of right idea, missed timing, so it would have to be an exceptional situation for me to try. Based on eeAww’s post it sounds like it’s already taking on a ton of pressure from shorts.