Television & Movies

I made a short film about short films

3 Likes

Oppenheimer

The Trinity test scene may be the most overhyped scene in film history. Incredibly underwhelming. No reason to shell out for imax. Would have much rather watched it in one of the smaller cinemas with recliners. Nolan’s refusal to use CGI really held this back
That said, good movie. I’m not sure I agree with showing Oppenheimer’s reaction to the Japanese casualties in lieu of the actual horror itself. Some great performances.

Finally finished slow horses S1, super execellent, only one issue, in the penultimate episode, how did putting the fake bomb in dude’s SUV help get River snuck into the Park?

Also, I’ve gotten through 4 eps of Foundation S1 and… it kinda sucks? Does this get any better (I have read the books but not in at least 30 years, deviations from source material don’t bother me at all).

I liked S1 but S2 feels markedly worse so far (like 4 episodes in)…so if you already aren’t enjoying yourself that much I wouldn’t recommend continuing.

Worth watching just for Lee Pace imo

2 Likes

Yeah. The performances are good but the story is meh

Are you enjoying S2? It feels like nothing has happened and they’ve spent 4 episodes on stuff that should have been 1. For the love of god can they give Jared Harris something worthwhile to do instead of being cryptic and emo in every scene?

1 Like

You give me big budget Sci Fi of material that hasn’t been adapted to death and I’m gonna watch it.

I’m enjoying the genetic dynasty storyline. I never liked Salvor Hardin as a character. The church of Harry stuff is ok.

David Zaslav: truly an idiot. Every member of that board of directors should be personally liable for approving his pay.

https://twitter.com/jeffjarvis/status/1687144084652138499?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Anyone watch Hijack with Idris Elba on AppleTV?

Really enjoyed.

2 Likes

Moron move.

Just watched the super Mario Bros movie because it showed up on peacock. All I can say is don’t make the same mistake I did by wasting 90 minutes of your life on this trash. And I’m the target audience that should have liked this.

Are you actually 8? I didn’t think you were actually the target.

2 Likes

Ahh maybe that’s the issue. I assumed they were targeting the nostalgia market of people who grew up playing the various Mario games.

I am 39 and L-O-V-E-D it, but I also have been subscribed to the SNESDrunk YouTube channel for many years. My earliest memories include begging my neighbor down the street to let me play his Nintendo. I actually like that old Fred Savage movie The Wizard about the younger brother who takes the crown at an SMB3 tournament.

I went so far as to remake Iron Man with Mario as the main character.

So I may be in the target audience.

1 Like

I’m assuming I’m not the only one who watched Barbie… am I the only one who thinks it’s easily a top 2-3 all time movie?

I’m absolutely not kidding this take came from the freezer not the oven.

1 Like

I chose to see Talk to Me instead of Barbie lol but I put in my dues with Barbie when I was a kid!!! I’ll watch it soon.

It’s really gratifying to see how long this movie’s legs are. People aren’t just going to see Barbie once, they’re going back once, twice, a third time.

Which is fortunate given that the output of new movies is about to come to a dead stop lol. Barbie4Ever!

I am HYPED to see this movie.

https://twitter.com/boneysoups/status/1646714134430461953?s=20

3 Likes

Aw shit, Wonder Woman has entered the chat

https://twitter.com/RealLyndaCarter/status/1689752376037593088?s=20

1 Like