Television & Movies

6 Likes

2 Likes

I guess Netflix is looking at HBO’s recent use of their “delete” button and getting jealous?

What a bizarre industry that this is something companies do because it’s in their financial interest.

I assume this is same business case as the McRib and other fast food items being out only periodically.

there was a really hilarious (and imho plausible) theory that postulated that mcrib rollout was a market play by mcdonald’s, who is so large that they can influence the price of pork futures by themselves when they roll it out.

I believe word in the industry is that they are farming these series out to ad supported “free” streamers like Tubi, Pluto, and Roku. Its basically the new wild west of syndication.

netflix is doomed.

1 Like

Whole industry is cutthroat, there’s just so much content being produced now.

With everything that is being cut, are they seriously going to release this new flash movie?

They just spent like 7 million on a super bowl ad. Its going to be released

That’s what brought it to mind, and I’m just like wtf are they thinking? Let’s release a super hero movie where the lead is suspected of grooming minors and being a cult leader! What could go wrong?

They will just use Keaton in ads instead and probably cut it slightly to make him less of a mainc character tbh, the movie has been finished for like a year

I think I saw that ad, and maybe this goes in the new Hot Takes thread (I haven’t opened it up yet), but the ad made the movie look like a big mess of crappy looking CGI. That was the one, right?

As they made us. Looked like an interesting premise. Some star power. 0 bags of popcorn. I’d put it in spoiler tags but it’s a steaming pile of crap.

Bailed after 20-25 mins. Horrible acting and I mean horrible from Candace, Dustin, and Simon.

Terrible direction jumping back and forth in time. Looked it up. Blossom. Yes Blossom is the director. Confirms by choice to avoid her J! Episodes.

I didn’t even make it to the romantic story line. Yes that far in the movie to get to what the blurb advertises. Lead was so likable.

How the fuck is the audience review 81% on RT.

1 Like

I feel like Station Eleven was advertised (by people who liked it!) as being really slow, but my wife and I binged half of it tonight and it’s really not? It’s got the Cloud Atlas thing going on where bouncing between all the timelines makes it feel constantly fresh.

Like reading posts on UP I was like “oh so it’s about a troupe of actors who travel around the post-apocalyptic waste doing shows, ok, got it” and no, that’s selling it very short!

It is somewhat interesting as a piece of pandemic art, even though it maybe wasn’t intended to be, in that the way the show’s pandemic happens feels unrealistic to the point of being jarring. Like, unlucky for them that I guess they’d already started shooting when COVID hit and their “stealth virus goes from 0 to whole-planet-is-fucked-in-one-day” thing feels pretty flat when we all just saw as a species how that actually plays out.

1 Like

heh that’s my exact description of it, i stopped watching after the 3rd or 4th episode.

lol

1 Like

It did nothing for me, no point in continuing a show I have no interest in even if others loved it.

Fair; re: your description though, I’d note that most of the first half of the show (all of eps 3 and 5 and most of ep 1) takes place around the present day timeline, not the 2040 one. So at my current juncture, obviously the troupe is important and maybe even where the show is going to focus on, but it feels like one of a few equal storylines.