The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 2)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

Man of the people, yelling about workers having the AUDACITY of calling out their bosses.

“EXCLUSIVE: Jon Stewart found to have overvalued his NYC home by 829% after labeling Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’”

lmao what?? I read this article and am struggling so hard to understand what they claim Steward did wrong and how it relates to Trump’s trial

the article seems to be assuming people don’t know what an “assessed” value is and then they pull the bait and switch when you find out that steward’s “Crime” was ACTUALLY SELLING the property for more than the assessed price.

1 Like

I just looked up my own house, the assessed value is (exactly) 25% of the “appraised” value, which is pretty old I would guess (about 75% of zillow’s “zestimate”)

Even for the lolNYPost that article is a reach.

Also lol Trump trying to criticize someone for selling a property for over its assessed value and then that party losing money when he did this

something tells me going after jon steward is not the winning strategy that going after… george stephanapoulas or rachel maddow is.

Exactly this. And by state it varies heavily. Somewhere I lived it was generally half the r actual value. Always some kind of shell game around taxes.

Rupert and spawn are actually worse for the world than Trump and his knock-offs. Without Rupert a lot of this shit does t happen in the first place.

I don’t think this is quite right, the FMV and AV are both listed on the form, and the 829% overvaluation (in the headlline) is derived from the FMV of $1.9M. But still, what’s the crime, failing to alert the tax authority that their valuation is too low? Daring to list his property at anything higher than $1.9M?

You said your assessed value is 25% of FMV, Stewart’s was 45%, I just checked mine, it’s !0%. Yay!

Also, which is it?

1. Stewart’s penthouse was only worth $1.9M but he sold it for $17.5M!
  2. Stewart’s penthouse was obviously worth $17.5M but he paid taxes as if it were worth only $1.9M!

You can’t be mad about both of these things at the same time!

Sean Hannity: “Here is the sad and pathetic part—As per usual, Biden made it all about himself…”

“TRUMP LEGAL SAGA HIGHLIGHTS DUAL JUSTICE SYSTEM”

I mean, yeah. But not the way you think.

1 Like

Yeah, this is complete and utter horseshit. Stewart sold his home for a bunch more than it was assessed at? That’s what they’re arguing?