The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 2)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

GOD BLESS THE USA!

It was a TRUE HONOR to be in Nashville, Tennessee—with the National Religious Broadcasters Association!

Crooked Joe Biden is a THREAT to DEMOCRACY!

A great evening with the National Religious Broadcasters Association in Nashville, Tennessee. THANK YOU!

Every now and then, it’s still kind of wild to think about the fact that the face of Christianity in America is Donald Trump.

Like as someone who grew up in church every Sunday it’s kind of funny to realize hardly anyone was listening to anything.

It’s insane. I (somehow) just watched the documentary about the Falwell scandal on Hulu and it’s deeply unsettling. They made it seem like he essentially was the kingmaker who put Trump out there to evangelicals and that was that.

When your world view isn’t fact based you can support anything your leaders tell you to.

1 Like

The pope has flat out stated his opposition to Trump on multiple occasions and it doesn’t move the needle with these people at all. Conservative catholics in the US have more allegiance to Trump than the supposedly infallible, voice of god on earth, leader of their religion.

I don’t actually know any conservative Catholics. All the Catholics I know are liberal and pretty much always have been, at least dating back to Dubya’s years. Small sample size, though.

Really? It’s not at all hard to find 1-issue Catholic voters who are straight ticket GOP because of abortion.

(image TRUTH)

do you have numbers on this

I know a lot of trumpy cathloics but my sample is skewed, they’re all rich white boomers

(image TRUTH)

Looks like it’s 50/50

Religious Group Voting and the 2020 Election.

I don’t doubt that they exist, I’m sure I know/have met some and it just hasn’t come up. But my extended family on one side is mostly Catholic, and all liberal.

Is your wife’s side Catholic? My perception always been Brazilian/Latin/Hispanic Catholics in US are pretty conservative and veering Trumpy quickly