The Supreme Court: Clarence & Ginni Thomas Jet Set Edition

It wasn’t 5-4, it was 9-0, they all just had different reasons.

1 Like

52-48 doesn’t cut it, the republicans filibuster. The world you are imagining is impossible.

cW’s ahead of you on that part

In a world where […] the Senate nuked the filibuster on matters of insurrection

The scenario is impossible in the House more than in the Senate, but the hypothetical is about how SCOTUS would react. It’s more of a “How fucked is this SCOTUS?” than “Hey could we keep him off the ballot this way?”

It was 9-0 to put him on the ballot, it was 5-4 to effectively revoke Section 3 of 14A.

1 Like

5-4 had a really good premium episode on the Colorado “sorry, insurrectionists can be on the ballot” ruling. One ominous thing they pointed out that I haven’t seen covered (though I haven’t read about this case that exhaustively) was this passage near the end of the decision (section 3 = the insurrectionist section):

Michael suggests this is the majority granting themselves permission to submarine attempts to hold Trump accountable at basically any time. After all, what if it might nullify the votes of millions? What if it might change the election result? They’re gonna do everything they can to delay consequences until after the election, and then after the election say “sorry, America has voted, it’s too late now”.

On the one hand I do think it should be handled before the election, on the other the Amendment doesn’t say that, they’re just adding it. And if they’re just going to add stuff because it feels right, he’s an insurrectionist and they should have kicked him off the ballot.

But at the end of the day they were never going to allow it to happen after the election. Dems moved too slow on all this stuff.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1767602306466365610

I dunno if the ruling is right or wrong (lol jk of course I know) but I can guarantee that proud papa is a complete piece of shit.

We all know how this story will end

2 Likes

Blah blah, state election so SCOTUS says we don’t care.

Not just “linked to” the group, she was paid by them

1 Like

Today in LOL LAW

https://twitter.com/nateraymond/status/1774145868959998196

Good job, good effort! You tried!

1 Like

So the end result is that when liberals bring lawsuits they will be randomly assigned, but when conservatives bring them, they’ll be guaranteed a conservative justice. A big win for the wealthy/establishment. Good job, eDems!

Ah you know what, could have been taken out of context or something…

“I hate Black people … I hate blacks. End of story,” the group’s national field director wrote.

Oh

Conservatives already whine about this from the other direction (where it happens 10% as often):

I guess somehow liberals can find a sympathetic judge in the middle of Alabama lol, and this Trump appointee is not happy about it!

Yikes:

One time

https://x.com/lawrencehurley/status/1779878011120017525?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

Probably doing fundraising events for Trump

Just mourning OJ.