2024 LC Thread #1 - Cheesesteaks and Bagels

So is this place officially open for new users? I have some irl friends that might be interested and it seems like a good chance to recruit new blood to get in on the ground floor.

(Didn’t find another LC thread, sorry if I missed it.)

6 Likes

Yes, you are welcome to invite anyone.

3 Likes

Yes and thanks for starting the LC thread!

My climbing gym has a sauna I just discovered. What’s the clothing etiquette for saunas? I assume just a towel? I don’t really shower there so getting naked just to get in the sauna seems not worth it.

I have never found a sauna appealing in the slightest. Am I doing something wrong?

Depends. If you’re in a Korean spa, fully nude sitting on a towel is the custom. I wouldn’t be surprised to see guys fully nude like this in any sauna. it’s hot as hell, you don’t want to have a towel around your legs, but please for the love of god sit on one.

Nothing beats the feeling of being so hot and sweaty in a steamy room that you feel like you are on the verge of death then stepping out into 20 degree weather!

1 Like

:harold:

2 Likes

Anyone who uses the white theme is a world class masochist. Just saying. 10 seconds and I feel blind.

2 Likes

This dude was like “I’m gonna be on TV tonight so I’ll set up my laptop next to my awesome collection of Pez dispensers.”

Not gonna lie, I admire the self-confidence.

3 Likes

I’ve always found it fascinating how many people will do a video in some sort of professional context and have anything at all in the background. My setup is completely built around having blank wall behind me

1 Like

Chad

2 Likes

Just use a virtual background

My video calls are 1:1 and something seems disorienting about talking to someone with a virtual background for 30 minutes straight. It’s hard to explain but feels like something just off to point it distracts me even if the virtual background is benign

I heard on a podcast recently there is such a thing as a book stylist who just makes sure the books behind you on calls are “acceptable “.

Yeah I always just use a virtual background because I’m a slob.

So my kiddo is almost a year and is just starting to walk. She’s braver than good, and her face looks like she’s gone 12 rounds in a boxing ring. Just gets up and keeps on toddlin though.

5 Likes

Wasn’t there a twitter account dedicated to rating the zoom backgrounds of people on TV news?

Standard. You can get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Soft-Proofing-Corner-Guards-Protectors/dp/B00RGFIYSC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=605BV0TYESIJ&keywords=furniture+corner+bumpers&qid=1673107716&sprefix=furniture+corner+bumpers%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzU0lBNFNEQTdGTEEwJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzgwNTUyMlJWUzBCTUJFNDFCSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzg1MjM0MUhLSDBQSFNRMVJONiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

And put it it in on all the furniture corners / hard corners in area where she walks (for example we have a fireplace in our family room that juts out and has cement corners). Then at least if she falls and hits the edge of a piece of furniture she won’t split her face open.

2 Likes

oh we got those things, she loves taking them off the brat