2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I have no idea, knowing how most things go with something that is trendy I assume having pickleball on there makes them cost 25% more than they should

I have version 2 of my shoe which is already very light but still with good support. They are not out with version 3 which are even lighter but looks like less support.

So I now have 3 boxes bought ahead of v2.

Anyone else do this? My family think this is hilarious. I used to get my everyday kicks from the Reebok outlet. Driving from PA to MN to give my daughter an old car, we stopped at every outlet mall and I ended up scoring 6 pair as my preferred show started getting really scarce.

My dad was a super serious road runner and our house looked like a shoe store growing up when he found one he liked and was afraid would go out of production. Seem to remember an amusing time before that where had a race coming up and favorite shoe wasn’t available so went and tried like 100 shoes and ended up was some pink women’s shoe that was fitting the best that year.

I stayed at the Tropicana for my first trip to Vegas when I was a poor broke college student. A group of friends and I were supposed to go on an all expenses paid trip to Taiwan as part of a university exchange program right after school got out for the summer, but that was the summer of SARS (-CoV-1; I have had serious beef with coronaviruses since before it was cool). As soon as the CDC put up the travel advisory, the trip was off, and suddenly, none of us had anything to do for the start of the summer, and many of us, like me, had families that had already made plans to do things without us. My folks were going to visit my dad’s folks, so I would have to buy a last minute 3 way ticket from LA to Minneapolis and then Minneapolis to Seattle to go with them, or else I find something else to do for a bit and then just go home to Seattle.

So, we had a week or so to kill, but we didn’t have a place to go (campus was closing), and we had basically no money. But one of the guys in our group was from Vegas, and he went to high school with the daughter of a guy who was VP or something at the Trop, so a phone call or two later, and it was settled that we would caravan to Vegas and do what we could as a bunch (mostly) 21 yo college students with hardly any money. When we went to check in, the front desk said we had to go through the sliding glass doors to the VIP area, which suddenly had us feeling like ballers. The guy there checking us in quipped, “Ah, it’s nice to know somebody.” our friend who knew somebody had ended up securing us rooms for just $60/night, and even then, we ended up piling all the guys into one room and all the girls in the other (I think we were 4 of each).

We largely spent our time walking a lot, spending little, and gawking frequently at the opulence and extravagance of it all. When we did party, it was back in the hotel room with bottom shelf liquor from the liquor store. We caught about every free show we could, the most fun being the fountains at the Bellagio and hanging out outside the piano bar at the NYNY. Had a great time, and the location of the Trop as home base was fantastic, even if we didn’t use any of its amenities.

11 Likes

I may resemble that. Do not ask my family.

The shoes that I’ve been wearing the last 5-10 years for everyday stuff were discontinued a while back and I’m on my last pair. The model that replaced them just doesn’t do it for me. Sad times

1 Like

Test:

Taking a bsky link and replacing bsky.app with skeeet.xyz appears to give you a slightly better preview, I guess? It cuts off less text, but for this one as an example it still hides the link & link preview.

2 Likes

My very first Vegas stay was at the old Tropicana. That I can remember nothing about it (and not due to alcohol-induced memory loss) and had to confirm with my wife that we did indeed stay there says about all you need to know.

Our second Vegas hotel stay story was slightly more interesting. We stayed at the Wynn! But the day we arrived the rate was so expensive that we spent our first night at a Motel 6. Quite the upgrade.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to get to eclipse this time around but the weather I caught in waiting room looking kinda :harold: for a lot of clouds on lot the path

Getting drunk at a Disney bar then starting a brawl by making fun of a disabled lady has got to be some hall of fame boomer shittery

4 Likes

And he got arrested for exercising his FREEZE PEACH rights? Sounds like Florida’s gone WOKE. :leolol:

yeah fuck this guy up I don’t give a fuck, so sick of these shitheads that can’t stand being part of a society

2 Likes

When you move to NYC do they hand out your peacoat and or not leather shiny pants at the border or is there a website?

That’s an old file photo, ESPN club has been gone for years.

Just when I was starting to think that AI was going to be useless

https://twitter.com/LinusEkenstam/status/1776492557020619114?s=19

4 Likes

So four houses near me still have Christmas lights or yard decorations out, and they’re turning the lights on nightly. Is this some kind of weird right wing thing?

Can’t really make sense of it, other than doing it to own the libs leading the War on Christmas.

Where the hell do find these people?

1400 a month on a 84,000 car three years ago.

About the longest car loan I can find is 84 months. Using a quick online calculator I have to have her financing something like 94k (opted for a lot of extras?). At 7% I get her $1400 payment. Yeesh. 7% would be pretty high back in 2021?

Then it says her husband is paying 14%

Then it says she makes a bunch of money on Tik Tok

Then she sells her Tahoe and buys an Audi. with cash

Even then, I did not expect the swerve into Dave Ramsey territory.

I mean every single element of this story seems incredible. As in I’m thinking it’s gotta be made up.

https://twitter.com/anotherglassbox/status/1776941744631783575

yeah derek is amazing

My wife’s car loan was 19% because she wasn’t a permanent resident yet, and that was in 2022. They said it would have been 5% if she had her green card. USA#1