2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Ughhhhhhh can I walk

My 2 year 2 month toddler can officially unlock and open every door to outside. She’s 99.997th percentile for height. Normal two year olds can’t reach a deadbolt. Going to have to put alarms on every door

Are you sure that the date on the birth certificate is correct? That’s how they scam the little league.

1 Like

How much can she deadlift? Maybe just need to invest in a good set of Curling stones or other major league door stops.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure she could do a pull up right now, but she likes pulling her feet up and hanging upside down instead. She can easily lift a gallon of milk or big box of trash bags. She’s a beast

3 Likes

Could get some sort of locking device that you stick up near eye level for adults like a hotel room. Probably want something weak enough you could easily break down from outside if needed though

IMG_1115

5 Likes

So this quoted on Reddit about college basketball gambling kinda as a followup to recent discussions here

————

The Tar Heels beat Michigan State 85-69 in the second round of the tournament last Thursday. Bacot’s 18 points were second-most on the team, and he added a team-high 7 rebounds. Though the rebound total was slightly below his average, he played well.

For some bettors, however, it wasn’t enough. During a recent press conference, Bacot revealed that his social media accounts were flooded with people raging about prop bets that he apparently failed to reach.

“I guess I didn’t get enough rebounds or something,” Bacot said. “I thought I played pretty good last game, but I looked at my DMs and I got like over a hundred messages from people telling me I suck and stuff like that because I didn’t get enough rebounds.

“I think it’s definitely a little out of hand, but at the same time, too, I get the point of it. Like if you bet a lot of money on something and you’re like one pick away and somebody messes it up, I understand the part of fans being mad; but it’s annoying, too, at times.”

—————

We had to put these up when our youngest got big enough to open doors and wouldn’t stop going outside. Placed them up out of his reach and they worked well.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Guess my invisible fence suggestion sucks.

This picture is misleading. I am in this exact location and there are 0 (zero) rampaging toddlers on the scene!

IMG_2872

(Actually a pretty big coincidence because I haven’t been downtown in at least 15 years.)

4 Likes

That’s when they’ll getchya. Just as it feels safe…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/styledape/status/1774484331865530387

2 Likes

RIP Tropicana. Anybody here got a good Trop story? I had never been there, even though I’ve been to Vegas several times.

1 Like

Trop was gonna be renamed Ballys (after ballys rebranded as Horseshoe) and remodeled prior to the baseball announcement, but that’s not happening now.

They always say the one constant in Vegas is that it always changes, and I’ve definitely seen that play out. My first trip to Vegas was less than 15 years ago. My first stop off the plane and checking in was Bills Gambling Hall and Saloon for their late night steak and eggs special. That place is long gone and every time I go back something changes.

2 Likes

@Danspartan

Thought you would appreciate this, shredded the sole off my old tennis shoes so I go into store to grab some new one and said “so where would the shoes for playing tennis be?”. The college kid working was like “umm I don’t really know about that” and thought for second and was like “but let me show you all the ones people get for pickleball, should be about the same”

I’d be on the run from the law, wanted for shoe salesman murder.

If you want tennis tennis shoes, find an actual pro shop.

Dick’s, foot locker etc usually have a very limited selection.

I’ve switch to ASICS speed solution. A lot of the guys have the gel solution. Can’t go too wrong with the Prince T22s as well.

I picked up ASICS gel

Dedicate 8 Pickleball :leolol:

1 Like

https://x.com/lasvegaslocally/status/1775177437057548453?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

I have no idea if pball shoes are any different than tennis shoes.