2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I have a crate of stuff in the garage but if the house falls down not sure how I’d get to it. Come to think of it the canned food is probably expired by now, I should check on that.

1 Like

The correct earthquake online play is the LA subreddit.

1 Like

2 Likes

You’ll notice that the cat wisely bolts out of there, though the dogs’ flight is delayed by the beautiful glow of the fire. They try barking at it, which doesn’t work. Eventually they are so mesmerized by its candescent gleam that they can only stare.

Alright, I found something truly shitty about California. The DMV experience SUCKS. Made an appointment, been here 90 minutes, still waiting to do the first thing.

1 Like

Well, how’d you like that earthquake? I’m pretty near the epicenter, felt way bigger than 4.7.

Anyway, yeah the DMV sucks balls. It got way better for a while but is terrible again. I got yelled at the last time I was there getting my son his permit. Like, a DMV worker told me to shut up.

Gotta do ca dmv in the middle of covid so there’s no line like me

Didn’t feel it where I am, so still awaiting the first one I’ll actually feel…

Yeah the first person here has major “I don’t suffer fools” vibes, which isn’t great when paired with “Everyone who doesn’t know exactly what to do and where to go at DMV at all times is a fool,” vibes.

I guess doing VIN verification here instead of elsewhere was a mistake. That took an hour and 45 minutes. Well, about an hour and 42 minutes of waiting and 3 minutes to do it. They waited for four people to be parked and waiting for it, then came out to do them all at once. Did they take us in order? Absolutely not! I arrived 1/4 and they did me 3/4.

Lol let’s not do “in the middle of” any pandemic again, ever, if possible.

1 Like

I sure hope we live to see the next pandemic.

https://x.com/deepwatersofel/status/1823129898548134366?s=46&t=mdG4vqCfpbP4Xp4esdQ98A

1 Like

Was really hoping the answer to the Dak question was Michigan, but looks like its not.

1 Like

Isn’t the CA DMV cheat code getting the first appointment?

Logically that makes sense. I could see getting there when they open without an appointment beating having an appointment later. The big issue for me was VIN verification. Waited super long for that, the rest was a reasonable wait.

https://twitter.com/gvy_dvpont/status/1823834939105677622

for our new CA resident

5 Likes

Not quite as impressive as

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/08/us/john-tyler-grandson-death-trnd/index.html

but still mind-blowing to me.

1 Like

Yea the John Tyler thing is still about the most mind blowing piece of trivia I’ve ever ran into.

1 Like

Reading a random NYT story it describes the Hamptons as having “striking natural beauty”. Is that, uh, actually true, or is that grading on a curve because east coasters are fascinated by something as exotic as a beach? Wait until they learn about hills, or even mountains!

1 Like

They’re not going to impress a West Coaster, but they’re more beautiful than most stretches of East Coast beach. You’ll find a rocky point or two, some small hills going down to the water, and plenty of sandy beaches and blue waters.

And they’re teeming with rich assholes.