2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Yeah, I think Namath’s bar trivia was wrong and The Dude is right:

https://www.surfline.com/surfing-a-to-z/hang-ten-definition_69256

1 Like

Mom got me two new “University of Kentucky” shirts as a present. I use the quotes because one is a pretty standard UK shirt. The other is something like…

It’s 100% an honest mistake, but oops

1 Like

3 Likes

Is that a “Thin Blue Line” thing? My mind’s not even processing this.

Basically, I think it usually goes with “Blue Lives Matter”

3 Likes

10 Likes

So I’ve apparently completely missed this. What is the deal with the Dracula stuff?

Seems important

5 Likes

Apparently Blade is and has been part of the Marvel universe (which is something I only learned because of the new Midnight Suns game). So the joke is that Blade has apparently been fighting a vampire breakout in NYC for years and the Avengers, in NYC, have never stopped by to help him out or check in.

3 Likes

If you think about this too hard it ruins basically every Marvel film where the big bad presents an existential threat. LIke, where the fuck were the rest of the avengers during the events of Multiverse of Madness? Nick Fury didn’t think to page Carol Danvers when Loki was invading NYC?

1 Like

I remember in the '90s comics they would at least address this by saying like, “oh darn, the avengers are in outer space and the ff are in another dimension right now, guess spidey’s got to handle it solo”

It’s also weird that 90% of the superheroes are all in NYC, like there’s crime and stuff in Dallas, Texas as well.

1 Like

If you had superpowers would you choose to live in Texas?

1 Like

Dr. Strange at least splits time between NYC, London, and Hong Kong.

3 Likes

Wasnt’ there a comic book crossover that also established at some point that the events of Star Trek take place in the marvel universe? Am I making that up? I seem to remember that.

What’s a superhero going to do in New York when there are already 50 superheroes there? And how come none of them ever help Blade with the vampire problem?

1 Like

icwudt

2 Likes

Because Fuck Blade, that’s why.