2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

otoh holy shit the financial requirement to buy in… It’s worth it but fuck me.

1 Like

always be a karen with airlines

Today’s grammar musing: I know there’s a term for this but I’m not going to google it… Basically it’s when someone writes down a common saying but gets it wrong by substituting a word that sounds the same. Examples: “tow the line” (should be “toe the line”) or “shoo-in” (should be “shoe-in”).

A new one I saw today is “suped-up” instead of “souped-up.” The funny thing about a lot of these is that you can mentally make them make as much sense (or more sometimes, especially if you don’t know the origin of the phrase) as the original.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder about how language works to “create” meaning in our minds. Interesting stuff (to me at least).

1 Like

how many five year olds

666K likes, 4,499 comments - Yup That Exists (@yup.that.exists) on Instagram: "What sport should they do next? 😂 

Follow @yup.that.exists for more things that exist"

since instagram links seem fucked: Yup That Exists on Instagram: "What sport should they do next? 😂 Follow @yup.that.exists for more things that exist"

1 Like

@McTrollson

I’m absolutely never eating deer jerky ever again.

Deer chili, though.

1 Like

nope

chomping at the bit

1 Like

We got a bird feeder (with a camera that takes photos of birds that use it) as a delayed wedding gift and put it up last week, and we found at least one customer who really likes it:

How do you squirrel-proof one of these things lol

4 Likes

You don’t. The squirrels always find a way.

1 Like

Good luck.

7 Likes

The American economy in one image.

2 Likes

minimum wage is even worse

Now do executive compensation

1 Like

lol you can’t

1 Like

Gosh, what changed in 1980?

If you mount it on, say, a window, squirrels won’t get it.

cameras connected to an AIML squirrel identificatoin algorithm connected to water guns

How it started

How it’s going

Like 3 squirrel notifications today and this thing is DRAINED of birdseed