2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I think if you going to try to take any sort of anti-squirrel measure you gotta go all out initially to make it seem completely impossible from the start so they just pick scraps off ground but if you get into an incremental arms race squirrels will adapt to shocking amount of complexity

1 Like

fmp

1 Like

they theorize that primates’ oldest common ancestor was basically a squirrel

I’m so glad I watched this whole 20-minute video.

A robin put its nest on the gutter downspout right next to our patio door that we use 20x per day :harold:

I’ve been trying to not disturb it but sometimes it flies away when we/the dogs go out the door. I found a weird bird fetus egg on the ground so one of the eggs is toast, the other two are unhatched still.

2 Likes

It was a pandemic era rage.

Arsenic.

local italian place with crazy good pizza and pasta, family run for decades and hands down the best italian food ive ever had, always packed and busy, closes down out of nowhere and no one knows why.

feels like the death of a relative honestly, i am gutted

You sure about that?

3 Likes

My parents had a cat that liked to stalk in the bushes under the birdfeeder, that’s the only thing that’s ever really kept squirrels away.

Heh. Guess the window has to be high enough and protected from a drop down. Our window feeder is still squirrel-free.

About to pay, and even borrow money, to continue being employed. Damn weird

What happens if you ever want to leave?

Welcome to the Hospital California.

3 Likes

Basically for buying in I get various benefits, but the highlights are that I get an extra bonus every year and a dividend that has averaged about 10% of investment each year.

Once I leave, I’m mandated to sell the shares back, and they pay me out according to the same formula that I bought into. So it’s not like I take some 5% haircut to sell it or whatever. That price has gone up consistently too.

Regardless I’m stuck for another 4 years at my shop to pay my signing bonus back.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty fair arrangement

1 Like

5 new AZ specialty plates unveiled today including:

:vince:

A faith-based organization, Solid Rock’s primary mission is to make an everlasting difference in the lives of teens by helping them meet the spiritual, economical, physical, and social needs of teens in the community by offering a safe, engaging environment during non-school hours.

:harold:

Anyone live in Vegas and have a good, honest mechanic they can recommend? Shoot me a message.

Having car problems and fairly certain the dealership is lying to me and trying to fuck me out of the better part of $7,500.

I’m pretty sure I had an entire motor replaced for that much

The entire vehicle is worth $10,500. Mysteriously when I was at a different dealership a few months ago, they told me it was in great shape.

Looks like the new total is going to be revised from $7,500 to $220. These motherfuckers tried to bluff the wrong guy. Found a trusted mechanic through a recommendation who will take a look on Monday.

2 Likes