2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

The age cutoff and given reason seems a little odd, but the culture where I was to pretty always have 2 people in room for any sort of genital/rectal exam

Yeah it’s not the result that I have an issue with, it’s the process.

I typically don’t use a chaperone for male exams. Half of the time they’re whipping it out pretty damn quickly.

Having a chaperone is a good thing for you. Always have a witness.

It really doesn’t provide as much protection as you think. People do not remember you chaperoning at all.

https://wiby.me/surprise/

sends you to a random web 1.0 site

This is absurd to me. How long can humans even survive in this environment? How much water per hour do you need to not die? A car breakdown could be fatal.

Billionaires aren’t the only dumbasses out there. Man, screw air ambulances for these people, when it’s 100F+, you should be on your own if you want to go for a hike through Death Blast Furnace Valley, the rescue guys shouldn’t have to risk their lives to go save you.

I saw a news story about this where one of these tourists said something like “people were warning us that even a short hike of 30 minutes could be dangerous.” Lol 30 minutes. Any exertion in that heat, especially if you’re in the direct sun, would be super dangerous well short of 30 minutes.

I love the heat, I really do. But even I have drastically curtailed my early morning yardwork routines until this heat wave breaks. And I ain’t going outside when it’s above 115 if I can help it.

You can’t survive even if you get enough water. You will start depleting too many electrolytes faster than you can replace.

I’ve golfed in 110 degree weather before and it was pretty tough, anything much north of that gets really dangerous.

Jesus Christ, why?

2 Likes

Because it was there.

1 Like
2 Likes

Tourists break down, and while waiting on the side of the road for help that may or may not come… “Hmm, I wonder how this place got its name?”

I drove from LA to Vegas once. Isn’t that a fairly high-trafficked road? It certainly was when I drove it. I can’t imagine it’s the equivalent of breaking down in the middle of nowhere.

Granted, I didn’t do it in the summer.

Interstate 15 is high-traffic yeah, but Death Valley is a couple hours off the LA-Vegas path. I’d certainly hope that in temperatures nearing 130 there’s not much traffic on the state highways leading to it.

LOL you for having faith in humanity.

2 Likes

More than once - vegas gets that hot a lot, rates are typically very low and you get the entire course to yourself. To keep the grass from drying out they have big sprinklers going everywhere you go in case you get too hot (you dry almost instantly).

The other place is palm springs, where 110 isn’t quite as bad as it sounds because it’s very dry and very windy. Compared to the time I golfed in ~102 humid weather in corona, that time I felt like I nearly died, the humidity makes a big difference.

The golf ball goes an incredible distance when it’s that hot and dry. Pretty much the only time I ever drove it 300.

https://twitter.com/latestinspace/status/1681102257264230401?s=20

It’s born rich millennials as a group. Thanks to innovations in financial services it’s now much harder to lose everything, which means we’re starting to see some configurations of rich people who have lived lives so bubble wrapped that their grasp on reality is extremely tenuous.

It’s a problem that we have so much wealth inequality, but I would argue a bigger problem is that there is no turnover at the top to speak of, and that’s breeding a lazy/stupid group of people with way too much power who are highly incentivized to take over society and run the prevent defense on every play no matter how bad it is in the long run.

1 Like
1 Like