2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

lol, of course he was one of the first ones to get out and is perfectly fine.

https://x.com/lhfang/status/1698448120445640926?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

They were told not to try to drive out because that would happen and they decided to try it anyway, and that’s exactly what happened. Amazing.

Of course the whole place is littered with trash, human waste, and abandoned vehicles as the rich fucks helicopter out and leave the rest of the world to deal with their mess.

One of the 5-4 guys jokingly speculated that the submarine guy was just the first of a trend of rich people killing themselves in absurd ways, gotta wonder if he had a point. Anyway, I hope they all get trench foot at least.

https://twitter.com/dougjballoon/status/1698508828080328727

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1698215769950367944

9 Likes

Yeah when you leave Disneyland you’re at one of the best starting points for a vacation there is. Name me something that isn’t available at a top 10 in the world level with 3 hours of driving.

Also the place doesn’t rely on tourist trapping you for the max to go on existing.

Skiing :wink:

I’ve never done it, but I’m told there is skiing within a 3hr drive of LA.

Depending on your definitions of “skiing” and “LA”, it can be much closer than that - Mt Baldy is small but when there’s a lot of snow they run a couple of lifts. It’s about 45 minutes from me, but I’m already in the northeast part of LA County. They do ziplines and some other stuff during the summer. For people in the LA area it’s totally worth a visit sometime, especially with kids.

Then, Mountain High in Wrightwood is only a half hour or so further. Much bigger operation, my younger son went to snowboarding camp there.

Surfing in the morning and skiiing in the afternoon are 100% realistic for those who are inclined.

Edit: just reading the above, it’s certainly not top 10 in the world by any measure.

Certainly not top 10 in the world skiing.

There also nothing close to a top 10 in the world beach, the water is just too cold anywhere in CA

A top 10 art museum? Nahhh

Or anything compared to the architecture and culture in the old city centers of Europe

I didn’t mean to suggest that it was top 10, I just was saying it existed.

I don’t even know what top 10 skiing is as I don’t ski.

Leaving the top 10 qualifier aside, SoCal offers an incredibly wide variety of experiences, attractions, environments, etc.

2 Likes

top 10 traffic

1 Like

apparently not

I’m also very surprised by the lack of Asian cities on that list. I was sure Bangkok, Jakarta, or Manila would be on there.

WDW is a 2.5 hour flight from me, there are cheap discount air carriers in multiple nearby airports that fly direct, and we have annual passes. In addition I have several extremely cheap resale timeshares on property that i picked up secondhand that all make the trips relatively inexpensive and convenient. You’re right, if I lived in LA and had to deal with a 5.5 hour flight plus 3 hour time difference I’m sure I wouldn’t go as much. OTOH, after just spending 9 days in the greater LA area (only 4 were spent at DL), I am confident I am never leaving NY and would never live there, so the question is entirely academic.

Pretty sure the Ebola thing was a joke by Brace Belden

I hear the Nakatomi Tower is a sight to behold.

1 Like

Watching CNN you would think that burning man is the greatest humanitarian disaster of all time

Not sure they gave Katrina this much coverage

Sorry it was apparently NBC nightly news (at my dad’s for dinner of course boomers love network news)