2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I have a niece! Ainsley Eloise was born this afternoon, she’s in the NICU and my SIL is still recovering from the c-section. Eloise was my grandmother’s name :grin:

My brother said she even gave a little cry after she came out. Obviously it will be touch and go to make sure she continues to grow and develop, but for now things seem positive.

Whew!

34 Likes

Mazel Tov!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about the happy family going home safe and sound.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/16blszr/its_an_honest_mistake/

How does the llama stand up like that?

lame, reddit doesnt embed

1 Like

The same way this pupper does so he can protect your civil rights.

2 Likes

That led me to this, which is fucking amazing:

1 Like

Wow.

I really thought this was going to be somebody marrying their llama, as per the liberals’ intentions.

1 Like

The extortion has begun. Photographer now says we have to pay an extra $600 if we want them to shoot everything they said they’d shoot, venue has increased the price on us by $1,000 and flat out lied to us before. I’m going to lose my shit on the venue if they don’t fix it by Monday. Contractually they have us, but I will blast them on every goddamn review site on the fucking Internet if they fuck us like this. I’ll find fucking blogs that get 1,000 views a year and fucking take out ads I don’t care.

FUCK THE MARITAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

3 Likes

I should just tell these people to call the old landlord who I took to court and ask their lawyer if commonWealth is the right guy to try to pull one over on.

The contract is like “we can demand more money from you at any time”? I’d expect a contract to generally be in favor of the party who isn’t demanding a bunch of new things.

Sorry you have to deal with this :frowning:

I believe he’s saying that he can’t cancel the work that is already agreed upon otherwise he would just walk away.

We have a 5% discount but there’s a 100 guest minimum. They told us verbally and in an e-mail that kids count towards the 100 guest, and that if we come short of the 100 guest it’s ok and we can just spend the difference on upgrades like food stations at the end of the night or upgraded linens/silverware. Now they’re saying only adults count and none of that other spend offsets, so we owe an extra 5% per guest.

They claimed the contract says that, and I don’t know why I assumed they weren’t lying about that too since they lied to us before but… Just read it, they’re lying about the contract too.

Basically if they fight us on this I’m going to point out that my best man is a journalist, my groomsman is a journalist AND lawyer, and they’re one of the biggest wedding venue companies in the region and it sure would be a shame if we took this story to all the newspapers and tv stations to see if they thought it was interesting to know that this company is lying to young and in love couples and then trying to screw them out of a thousand dollars in the last days before their wedding.

The math is pretty straight forward on that proposition, and they should just give in and honor their word. So we’ll see. Gonna play nice at first, but if they want to play hardball, it either ends with them honoring their word or me trying my best to ruin their reputation in the media.

2 Likes

I couldnt even name 100 people, let alone who’d go to my wedding

1 Like

Vast majority is aunts/uncles/cousins, then a handful of friends and plus-ones each. It adds up pretty fast.

You can invite me Dude.

I’m local. We can go together. I assume you are familiar with this Blues Brothers scene.

IMG_0085

Your women, how much for your women?

3 Likes

Ainsley had a good night, according to my SIL. They let her hold the baby for a while today and she seems to be pretty stable.

20 Likes

They do amazing things with babies these days. My grandson had his heart completely remodeled at 5 months. He literally looked like a Borg baby.

Started 2nd grade this week. He went boogie boarding during our shore week

1,000,000 :heart:s for Ainsley

6 Likes

On the subject of commercial casting, here’s the kind of bullshit commercial directors love:

Because if they don’t really work in a Christmas tree lot the fucking Dunkin Donuts commercial won’t have enough authenticity to sell shitty coffee.

1 Like