2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I’d be very surprised if any UHC pays for lasik just for correcting standard myopia.

I feel like wearing contacts is something you learn to do as a lifer, I started wearing glasses (when reading or looking at screens) at 30 and I have zero interest in learning to place tiny lenses onto my raw, exposed eyeballs, that shit sounds like it suuuuucks.

2 Likes

I know the sci fi doesn’t really work out because of the realities and difficulties of long-term storage in our internet infrastructure, but, if the data survives somehow and future internet archeologists go digging into wtf happened right now, I bet they see how much views/plays/downloads/bandwidth Rick Astley’s 80’s smash hit “never gonna give you up” has and conclude that it must be a really important historical artifact, and that makes me happy.

5 Likes

Yeah I think I’ve been doing it since middle school.

I was just thinking that if someone proposed the idea of contact lenses to me as a new idea I would think it was one the most ridiculous thing I ever heard and would never work out. But lot of people love them

I have tried, the daily’s are best for me because I use them so infrequently and don’t need to think about having case or solution or whatever. Any kind that should be left in while sleeping don’t work for me, my eyes get really dry in the night

This is wild

https://twitter.com/batshit_media/status/1703257351640551688

9 Likes

Started wearing contacts in middle school. Sometime later in my teens i got these lenses that you could wear for 30 days day and night, you never had to take them out they were amazing. Then a few years ago my eyes couldn’t handle them anymore, maybe because i have a astigmatism in one eye but now I rarely wear contacts, like 95% glasses.

I should probably look into Lasik

Lol, that’s amazing. Poor guy.

FYP.

Got LASIK about 18 years ago. Best money I’ve ever spent and it’s not close.

I bought a pair of frames from a boutique place a few years ago from a place in LA called SALT. They are excellent frames.

1 Like

https://x.com/johnfetterman/status/1703809478330573227?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

7 Likes

Man do I love John Fetterman.

yeah this is what I’m talking about. problem is that frames are something I really don’t want to buy online and will have to try on in person. But definitely will block out some time next time I’m in LA or NY

I love him too but let’s not lose sight of the awfulness of Nate’s take.

2 Likes

At this point I’ve lost all respect for Nate so he might as well be some other rando on ‘X’ for all I care.

Are we sure Fetterman doesn’t post here?

If you don’t care if your reps are fucking people in public perhaps your opinion isn’t as valuable as you think it is?

Pretty sure he would be roasted :wink:

Sen. John Fetterman has a message for the progressive wing of the Democratic Party: get in line behind President Joe Biden.

“Get behind Joe Biden’s policies, or you’re gonna get behind Trump’s policies,” said the Pennsylvania Democrat.

Fetterman made the remarks during a sit-down with reporters in his Senate office on Tuesday, answering questions with the help of a tablet that displays an instant transcript of reporters’ spoken questions. He continues to recover from an auditory processing disorder caused by a stroke that happened during the 2022 campaign.

To illustrate his point, Fetterman hearkened back to his own support for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign as the mayor of Braddock, even after he had supported Sen. Bernie Sanders.

“In 2016, you know, I was a surrogate for Senator Clinton. And it’s just like, you have a choice,” said Fetterman. “And if you don’t get behind Senator Clinton, you know, you are voting for Trump. And that’s exactly what happened in Pennsylvania, and it’s devastating.”

2 Likes

There’s way more stores in OKC that carry them than I thought. You probably have a retailer close

REO Speedwagon had some bangers

2 Likes