2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

3 Likes

Missing context:

(non-paywall link)

I remember when watching the Republican debate on Rumble (puke) one of the recurring ads, along with some goldbug shit, was Russell Brand being a spokesman for Rumble and doing this weird monologue about, like, “free expression regardless of what you believe” which is very much not Rumble’s thing! Anyway, very :shocked_pika:

Katherine Ryan is goated (see deadline article goofy posted). Most of you won’t know her, but she’s a mainstay on British comedy panel shows like Taskmaster, QI and Big Fat Quiz

This. When my wife found out about this she just said “I thought everyone knew he was a creep”

Literally all I know about this guy is he’s a crazy-eyed weirdo who makes yootoobes that are big hits with COIVD truthers.

He was fine for a while (last i paid any attention was 6-7 years ago), but he started getting a bit off, couldn’t quite place my finger on it other than he seemed like a rogan bro deep down in a much sexier exterior.

OMG how the fuck do people just do meetings all the time? I do like 3-4 per year and it’s excruciating

act rude so dont get invited again

I would. I have to do this meeting, it’s a stupid requirement of my contract. If I skip it, I lose a lot of money.

Meetings, at least with customers,are some of the most useful parts of my job, but I’m sure you’re talking about internal meetings, which are at best hit or miss for me.

Welcome to my world.

LOL meetings are like 60% of my job

2 Likes

internal meetings are almost always a huge waste of time

customer meetings are literally how I eat

2 Likes

We started the meeting with 45 minutes of saying our name, how long we’ve worked here, and some random fact.

1 Like

“my random fact is i hate meetings”

1 Like

Yeah I hate that icebreaker shit. So cringe.

1 Like

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1704519568914309270?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

7 Likes

In my current job I was once part of a meeting, where the sole purpose of that meeting was to plan another meeting, where the sole purpose of that other meeting was to plan a third meeting. Not joking. It was an hour.

:vincelaser: