2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

We don’t know any of those facts yet.

1 Like

We know there wasn’t a ton of gunplay in the immediate aftermath. Which is what would have happened with a real shooter.

No way it’s fake.

2 Likes

Do you think when shots are fired from somewhere in a crowd the secret service just starts firing back into the crowd?

Absolutely they just fired an at least semi automatic weapon in a crowd. The ROE there is to swarm that person as hard as they can with every resource they have until the shooting stops. Also I’m 99.5% sure those rallies have the same security those venues always have, which has been very effective at preventing a mass shooting up to now in a country where no other public place has really managed that.

I’m sorry but the chances this is fake vs the chances this is real are like 99:1 lol. And worse for Trump it’s an obvious fake that a bunch of federal law enforcement is now going to absolutely swarm all over. That this was a fake will be major news in the next day or two.

You are assuming they know where the shots are coming from.

Maybe the shooter was tackled quickly by the Secret Service or bystanders.

Yeah no way you fake an assassination at a rally when you the favorite. Guess we have to hope it was someone clearly mentally ill with a BB gun or something and they thought Trump was a dragon lord or something

The first thing I thought was he seemed a little too ready with the fist-pumping reaction.

1 Like

Not enough black people for cops to be doing that.

https://x.com/ChadPergram/status/1812254767856410757

Have you ever been around a gun that has fired before? Ever been to an outdoor shooting range? I think people are assuming a lot about how quickly the SS would be able to tell where shots are coming from in this type of environment.

What’s this site like? I wonder if shots came from distance.

If someone took three shots at Trump from far enough away that the secret service couldn’t even see them into some kind of public venue and managed to hit him in the ear the first round would have hit him squarely in the chest.

Compare his response to someone rushing the stage 8 years ago

But today he gets shot and is just like “fuck yeah, me tough”?

2 Likes

Most of the people in the crowd don’t even look remotely alarmed.

Hearing that one or maybe two people in the crowd were swarmed and taken away immediately after the incident

And it begins:

The political discourse is becoming intense on the social media site X. Some Trump allies are pointing out various comments from Democrats that have used violent descriptions in talking about Trump in recent days.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/13/us/biden-trump-election/6b5b7516-b295-5d36-88e0-22b685870e26?smid=url-share

I guess one silver lining is that it could provide some cover for keeping Biden under wraps for a while due to “security concerns.”

That’s not a silver lining.

2 Likes