2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Reporting that Biden is pissed at Pelosi and Obama. So we’ve done denial, we’re in anger. Bargaining should be interesting. Depression and acceptance should be fairly quick.

Feel like it’s hard to even know what to do with that stuff as obviously his staff going to be pissed so unless Biden himself is the anonymous source or he is calling Obama to cuss him out wonder how much of stuff we can trust

ehh for anyone who’s up for re-election in a red state (see also: Tester) I don’t think this is a surprise or big deal

lol Obama is the only reason Joe is in any way relevant to American politics in 2024

2 Likes

True, but he’s been in Congress since 1993, so he’s got to carry some more weight than a younger politician.

Feels like a pretty big jump to that conclusion. Maybe Clyburn is going to back him more firmly.

https://twitter.com/Zprtr1/status/1814441525574807824?t=yC19KwXv66HJ0KY4JJuulA&s=19

Who is Zac Harmon?

As far as I can tell, just a guy who got RTd into my political reporters feed.

My neighbor’s partner works for a company that works for several Democratic campaigns. They said that the donors have completely closed their check books to Biden. I’m talking big super pac money that is being held unless Biden drops out.

They said the higher ups in the company were sure Biden had to drop out since last week. He likely still doesn’t want to accept it, but if your own party leaders and the donor class is pressuring him to drop out, I don’t see how he survives it.

The pathway is straightforward. Fuck you, I have the delegates, it’s me or Trump.

Whether Biden will do that is the only question right now

1 Like

That’s a pathway to being the nominee, but not to winning - not in the face of all these calls to drop out.

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1814450119372353811?t=PwPiDNYDhx9xgY1bfh-4ZA&s=19

Fuck Joe Biden’s feelings. I don’t give a fuck if Bibi gets the satisfaction of seeing Biden drop out, I give a fuck if the next POTUS pressures him to reign it in or lets him annex all of Gaza and slaughter more people.

2 Likes

Yeah, he can just throw a tantrum and stay, but he must know by now that he has very little chances of winning.

Yall are super underestimating Bidens chances if he gets through the nomination process.

I think it’s the other way around.

It would be extremely difficult to underestimate Biden’s chances.

1 Like

Agreed, but only because Trump is such an awful candidate.

Which honestly is the most frustrating part of this. Trump/Vance is a horrible ticket, but Democrats are busy tripping over their dicks wondering if their own nominee has pudding for brains.

I was live blogging it on UP.

Someone on UP said that Bernie/AOC pushed for Joe to be the nominee in the hopes that the eDems would push to go against what the progressive wing wanted.

I don’t think that’s right, but I can’t 100% rule it out either.