2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Kamala does a goofy wine mom act sometimes, but it’s kind of part of her charm imo.

That’s the best version of her as a candidate.

1 Like

In 2020 I didn’t live in the context of what has been. Today, in 2024, I live in that context and know what shall be.

4 Likes

We did not, in fact, just fall out of coconut trees.

https://x.com/whstancil/status/1815029126325326239?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

Hilary’s emails not a thing <> Joe’s capacity is a thing

1 Like

I just want people to notice that “what people are focused on” is a product of media incentives, not objective reality.

This is complete horseshit.

Here is objective reality that people are focused on:

1. Biden’s performance on June 27th was abysmal at a time when it absolutely couldn’t be. This isn’t media spin. Go look at the debate threads in real time here and on UP if you want to be reminded.

2. Biden is losing in just about every poll that has been conducted recently. One just came out today that has him down 7 in Michigan.

1 Like

2 is because of 1. The debate isn’t causing the spiraling of the democrats. The media environment afterwards is

https://x.com/jalexa1218/status/1815038968112505256?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

WE FUCKING KNOW THIS.

Which is why I’d rather have someone opposing him who can point this out coherently. (and maybe, you know, win)

2 Likes

Maybe the media environment caught up to reality? Maybe the “false” media environment was reporting any age-related criticism of Biden was bias. Now we are hearing tons of insider stories of how he’s been deteriorating since 2022.

Maybe, but that same thing should apply to Trump but it doesn’t

If your point is that the media is the enemy of the people I’m with you. But also Biden isn’t up for the job of campaigning and changing the narrative, so he’s gotta go and be replaced by someone who can complete a single sentence.Being able to string multiple sentences together would be a huge bonus but not necessary to be better than what we’ve got.

1 Like

We did not just fall out of coconut trees, we must live in the context of what has been in order to understand who we are. Also, imagine what can be, unburdened by what has been.

1 Like

Not enough people watch a debate for it to directly have this impact. So of course it’s the coverage of the debate that started things spiraling for Biden. The coverage of the debate was fair, though, and it was inevitable.

Because everyone knows the GOP is a cult and would never replace dear leader.

1 Like

Right.

The difference is that Republicans like their nominee by a very large margin.

My team (to the extent that I have one in this awful forced binary choice that is the American political system) does not.

Of course it’s going to be a big story.

Tired of seeing “NewsMax” in a title on SPE. Feel free to change title again.

2 Likes

Aaron Sorkin has thoughts lol…

https://twitter.com/JessicaTaylor/status/1814996259792474334?t=ov7oBeaxPt-H1dQWDqlVVw&s=19

Honestly if Mitt promised to nominate liberal judges (let the Dem VP pick?) and sign any bill that passed both chambers and got at least one Republican vote in at least one chamber, I could get behind it. Of course, he’s also seventy-fucking-seven.