2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

https://x.com/ASFleischman/status/1815512747087741334

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KamalaHQ/status/1815514981791580257?t=XVMSqJLIF37Y7317JeTUlA&s=19

https://twitter.com/KamalaHQ/status/1815520011395465338?t=A0fqur7KWpXhoUJAfb4d9Q&s=19

LOLOLOLOLOL at not having a better answer prepared, my God. Keep on moroning team Evil!

Kamala’s messaging about not just getting by, but getting ahead, is DIALED IN for how I think a lot of Millennials and Gen Z feel.

2 Likes

Damn, Kamala broke the grassroots fundraising record the day after she set it?

Sick!

Reading some tea leaves here, but making her campaign intro song Freedom (Beyonce, Kendrick) could be a great indicator that she’s going to not only adopt some of Pete’s framing of issues, but make those issues central to her campaign. Freedom to make reproductive choices, freedom from fear of mass shootings, freedom to move between jobs or start a business without worrying about healthcare, etc.

Two thumbs up if so.

3 Likes

Polymarket is wild, like 15% Biden is dead and Kamala is president by Friday

Thanks, Trolly; good to hear from you too. As many here remember, I’m sure, I experienced a severe mental health breakdown back in 2022, but I took a year away to recover and am doing well these days.

7 Likes

I was just curious, because it seems to me like the system you’re proposing sort of forecloses the candidate who (if I’m remembering correctly) you most supported (Bernie Sanders) from acquiring power. It seems clear to me from observing the electoral process in other countries that a 2-party system does not necessarily produce the best outcome in terms of ensuring that the executive aligns ideologically with the popular majority.

It is so incredibly refreshing to have a candidate who can articulate their stances. Really hope she can maintain this exact tone, and not fall into the focus group tested politician speak of clearly rehearsed lines - hand movements and all. If she just continues to be a normal human who can confidently speak to the people…man we might have a shot.

1 Like

Not sure why your want to smear the “how does this system work” conversation with the “is this system fucked” conversation, but

A) the constitution doesn’t specify how parties should select candidates

B) the current system we have does basically drive everything to a two party system

C) I personally think that the system we have for selecting the president is stupid as fuck and I also think having a unitary executive with basically autocratic power is also stupid as fuck

D) I’m still confused about why you’re trying to link my opinion about particular candidates to some sort of positive discussion of what the rules actually are.

Basically just seeking to confirm where you stand on issues you touched on under point C these days.

I mean, in my personal opinion, I would be a better POTUS than a lot of candidates, but I also don’t think that any system that would make that possible would actually deliver good results over the long term.

Bernie might be the best candidate for my preferences at some point in time but the system that makes it possible for him to be a ~serious candidate at that point in time also allows dipshits like trump to be serious candidates.

Given the system set up in the constitution, it’s in the general public’s interest to have the executive be as bland as possible and have the legislature do “interesting” things. It also happens to be that the things I most agree with Bernie on are things that the legislature “should” handle (I’m not necessarily in disagreement with him on (e.g.) foriegn policy (which is much, much more in the exclusive domain of the executive), but he’s not as uniquely aligned with my preferences there (i.e. there are other candidates who are pretty closely aligned with my prefernces there).

the thing is that the legislative branch is mostly broken (partially due to constitutional issues and partially due to non-constitutional issues - mostly involving the senate in both cases).

FWIW, we haven’t really used the primary system as the exclusive way of selecting candidates for that long (Jimmy Carter’s 1976 campaign being the first that really looked like what we have now)

2 Likes

Hearing that the Harris campaign has signed up 58,000 new volunteers. Should be even more but the system is “overwhelmed”. HUGE IF TRUE

Not sure it will last, but right now it seems like overwhelming disappointment in Biden is giving way to enthusiasm and hope.

4 Likes

The real barometer is the right wing cope and that shit is off the charts. They’ve pivoted to Biden is dead and this was an insurrection.

2 Likes

Probably a good lesson for Ds that if your potential candidate invokes nothing but existential dread of if he will fall down before the election it should be a sign

1 Like

yeah 100%, they are completely SHOOK

2 Likes

I got an absolutely unhinged message from a MAGA relative today. It was essentially:

They say Trump is a dictator but really Biden is! They failed to kill Trump so they forced Biden out without his consent, and put in an unelected candidate! They say Trump is a threat to democracy, but really dems are oligarchs who just blindly follow their puppet masters! Biden hasn’t been running the country anyway and he’s probably dead!

reply with a
BWAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HAHAHA HAHA HAHAHA HAHA

1 Like

Ask them for their definitions of

“Presidential ticket”
“Running mate”
“Vice President”