2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

niccageface.jpg

because of course

https://x.com/kyledcheney/status/1798451096760779209

more crazy poll splits

https://x.com/lxeagle17/status/1798452056354951524

WSJ used to have actual ethics for the straight news division. This is disgraceful. “A bunch of republicans told us…” come on.

WASHINGTON—When President Biden met with congressional leaders in the West Wing in January to negotiate a Ukraine funding deal, he spoke so softly at times that some participants struggled to hear him, according to five people familiar with the meeting. He read from notes to make obvious points, paused for extended periods and sometimes closed his eyes for so long that some in the room wondered whether he had tuned out.

In a February one-on-one chat in the Oval Office with House Speaker Mike Johnson, the president said a recent policy change by his administration that jeopardizes some big energy projects was just a study, according to six people told at the time about what Johnson said had happened. Johnson worried the president’s memory had slipped about the details of his own policy.

Last year, when Biden was negotiating with House Republicans to lift the debt ceiling, his demeanor and command of the details seemed to shift from one day to the next, according to then-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and two others familiar with the talks. On some days, he had loose and spontaneous exchanges with Republicans, and on others he mumbled and appeared to rely on notes.

“I used to meet with him when he was vice president. I’d go to his house,” McCarthy said in an interview. “He’s not the same person.”

you can tell this is bullshit because there’s no actual anecdote of a factual mistake he made like “he referred to VPOTUS as “nancy”” it’s all subjective unfalsifiable baloney like “well he was quiet” or “he seemed to speak slowly” etc. They know they’re blowing smoke because they won’t even lie off the record.

When the only people reporting a story are Fox News, WSJ and the NY Post, you know it’s a right wing hit piece.

This seems very unlikely, but also keeps coming up in numerous polls from numerous pollsters which leaves me very :harold: .

The sources are quite obviously Mike Johnson, Kevin McCarthy and their staffs. A+ stuff guys. Tell me more about how you won’t ride the elevator with the oped guys because you have integrity.

Don’t worry, we have our resident poll unskewers to tell us everything is fine.

1 Like

Yeah this. I thought getting convicted of 34 felonies was the last, best hope for Trump to lose, but apparently Americans don’t care about that either.

Tis true I trust recent election results far more than I trust polls in 2024. But hey if you want to live in maximum anxiety between now and November and fixate on the one negative datapoint out there for what’s about to happen… be my guest I guess.

I mean, the polls were dead on in 2022 and in 2020 and 2016 they were skewed towards Ds. I’m not living in anxiety, I’m simply just acknowledging reality. It reminds me of the 2016 primaries where pundits doubted the polls because Trump offended their delicate sensibilities. It’s kind of funny to watch it play out again 8 years later. The results make a lot of sense when you consider the enemy of the people is fully in the tank for fascism.

The first, best hope is that a bunch of people aren’t paying attention and haven’t heard Trump speak since January 2021. In mid July they’ll hear him speak, and then from then til November they’ll be bombarded by clips of him speaking. That’s the best hope of swinging this race significantly.

Democrats outperformed polls and expectations in 2022 iirc (can’t check easily rn)

I think that’s fair to say. Fair to say in 2018 too.

What worries me is that they underperformed in 2016 and 2020, the only times Trump has been on the ballot.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1799888890347856382?t=YmALj68LKd6q-o1hyeUmtA&s=19

1 Like

But republicans told WSJ biden has lost a step!

If Biden did this it would be international nonstop news for the rest of the year

https://x.com/keejayov3/status/1799900643034857547?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

That sounds like bog standard trump to me, what am I missing?