2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Republicans getting big mad about ‘white guy tacos’ lol.

My wife and I fairly regularly have ‘midwest burritos’, which is some basic taco beef, sour cream, fresh tomato, cheese and onion in a burrito. It’s simple, and great. These guys can fuck off.

1 Like

“White people taco night” was a thing on TikTok like two years ago.

1 Like

I like white people tacos a few times a year, but we should all be clear that they aren’t actually Mexican food in the same way Taco Bell isn’t Mexican food (they’re way better than Taco Bell though). At best they’re entry level Tex-Mex.

Proper Mexican tacos are a soft taco sized tortilla, your protein, and your choice of onions, cilantro, and salsa - some of the salsas are salsas con crema. Sometimes you’ll have some other chopped veggies available.

Lots of white guy tacos complaints from people who pronounce the Ls in tortilla

3 Likes

Yes! I hated most veggies growing up and still hate them the way my parents made them, but I love 90% of the veggies my wife makes, my favorite being her broccoli or broccolini which is what I hate most the way my parents make it.

She likes to tease me that I married a Latina to get properly seasoned food.

Spaghetti with Ragu sauce, hot dogs, burgers on the grill occasionally, meatloaf, steak and potatoes occasionally, and this chicken in crescent rolls thing that was great actually.

Lots of frozen TV dinners too.

When you look over that menu and then consider that breakfast as a kid was a sugar-filled cereal probably 28 days a month and french toast or pancakes the other two, it’s not a pretty picture health-wise.

And that horrible mispronunciation still pales in comparison to the murder upon a word that is: case-uh-dill-uh.

Imagine going back in a time machine to a couple days before Biden dropped out and letting everyone here know that our ticket was going to be so upgraded that our POTUS would be teasing our VPOTUS over taco seasoning, while leading in most swing states and 90% of national polls, with Tester and Brown leading in their races… Leading to us having a derail about tacos and vegetable preparation methods and veggie breeding to reduce bitterness.

Meanwhile Trump’s VP has been out there talking about females breeding to be worthwhile to society and the sole purpose of old ladies being supplemental daycare robots for their grandkids.

2 Likes

Growing up in small town Iowa, Mexican food was Old El Paso. Chinese was La Choy.

But we had garden fresh vegetables in the summer that were delicious. People who only get veggies from a grocery store don’t know what they’re missing.

1 Like

The right is being extremely normal about this:

See guys, they’re not weird!

2 Likes

It’s wild that in the year of our lord 2024, right wingers still don’t understand why it’s okay for ~anyone to make a joke about a white guy putting tuna and mayo on a taco and not okay for a white person to make a fried chicken and watermelon joke. They simply cannot wrap their head around why that “double standard” not only exists but is correct to exist.

If they could wrap their head around it they’d still be against it, but their arguments would be different.

2 Likes

These are the same people that not only say “slavery ended a long time ago, get over it”, but the people that fought (and fight) to preserve its vestiges during Reconstruction, Jim Crow, Redlining, employment discrimination (employer rights), and all the rest.

We’re not going back.

2 Likes

Pepper jack is delicious not gonna lie

2 Likes

Harris going full YIMBY today is pretty awesome

“Why can’t I say the n-word?”

Fwiw todays Brussels sprouts taste a lot better than the ones from 20-30+ years ago

Hey-born in 65. The two lunch staples straight out of the can

IMG_1829

In major news, my wife actually showed interest in Harris despite years and years of being the least online and political millennial in the USA.

6 Likes

My wife still makes those, since it’s a food the kids will eat. On taco night, I’ve always got a bottle of Valentina black or Yucateco close by.