2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

I was hoping the dust would settle a bit overnight and I think the media framing today will be crucial.

The opening of GMA this morning was “Joe Biden struggled with some answers while Donald Trump struggled with the truth.”

This both-sidsing is about as good as it could be hoped for today. 10 minutes later they’re drilling into how bad Biden was and how panicked the party is, but if you’re just skimming the surface maybe not that bad.

A lot can happen in 5 months and maybe this will all blow over? :harold:

Yep, Biden has been the emperor with no clothes this entire time and his handlers conned us into being the fools that defended him.

This makes no sense. Biden has done dozens of public events and interviews.

To be fair, that wasn’t really about Pete and was completely about trolling by the usual suspects.

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1806678199805628733?s=46&t=mdG4vqCfpbP4Xp4esdQ98A

:leolol:

Yeah, and he was never any good at any of them. The bar was just set at “well, I’ve seen enough that I don’t think it’s literally true that he is senile or has dementia…. quite yet” and it’s hard to replace an incumbent President so oh well.

Let’s see how much money I can get down on Trump to win the election. We are completely fucked.

Well, if he’s not dropping out he sure as hell should be committed to more debates, as many as possible and as soon as possible. But it won’t matter because Trump will refuse. “I cannot in good conscience participate in the further humiliation of that poor old man.”

https://x.com/GBBranstetter/status/1806647877793427615

1 Like

I thought he did fine at the state of the union speech. Last night was a completely different guy

This stupid democrat messaging, yeah our guy can’t speak a coherent sentence, but did you see how much Trump lied? Fucking morons

2 Likes

this isn’t correct at all. there’s no reason to think he’s actually mentally compromised, you’re in Q-conspiracy terriotory with this stuff like Harris or Hillary or Obama or whoever is actually in control? Come on.

Not mentally compromised (yet) is the bar for being the nominee to be President from January 2025 to January 2029?

Seems insane to me that The Most Inportant Election in Human History to Save Democracy is already over because the eDem gameplan of kneecapping the progressive wing of the party / consolidating support behind a 77 year old in decline didn’t work out.

On the bright side, we can all vote harder next time in No, For Real, The Super Duper Most Important Election in the Universe* after the Dems run on enshrining (LOL) Roe as the law of the land.

no

This is just dishonest. That’s what you said Biden was, not what the bar is. Biden is clearly not that.

To be fair, he probably is sick, and being sick hits olds way harder than people in their 50’s. Hell, just look at trump’s performance when he had Covid. That said, it doesn’t matter. Nobody is going to care that he was sick, we are fucked.

Our last hope is probably the Dem mega donors letting the party know they’re out unless they pull Biden. I certainly wouldn’t want to waste my money on a lost cause.

1 Like

They’re probably better off trying to convince Trump to support their pet cause, considering he has no policy ideology to speak of.