2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Yeah, everyone thinking clearly and logically about this can see that. A lot of people are letting emotions and biases cloud their thinking.

2 Likes

Tuesday next week or never is my bet

2 Likes

It just occurred to me that, given this is largely insider baseball (elected officials, high ranking party officials, donors, and delegates are the ones who matter), it’s a strategic disaster for the interview that’s supposed to stem the tide not to air before the Sunday morning shows.

They’re going to put a bunch of Dems in a gross position that morning, and I’m sure they won’t appreciate it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FarnoushAmiri/status/1808629928516333727?t=rnW3h_uhIY5oAb3uGbUGlA&s=19

2 Likes

lol this guy tried running for president

1 Like

That was in 2020 right?

1 Like

I thought you were talking about Khaled at first.

2 Likes

Yeah. We had a full cast of characters for that primary.

1 Like

Maybe the pope can call for him to retire

1 Like

I’m in. All he does is win.

2 Likes

Seems like a horrible plan to one by one ask him to drop out. They need to come to a decision together and work as a group.

1 Like

Gotta think that’s what going on and some folks are going to take the risk of front running for more accolades if the group eventually settles on same decision?

Or they trying to get some momentum going by prolonging news cycle

1 Like

The optimal solution is Biden dropping out with the minimal amount of public pressure that it takes to get him out to maintain party cohesion and make it look like his choice.

IMO coming out slowly one by one is the best way to pursue that outcome. Presumably in private the pressure is way higher.

Like ideally Biden drops out and gets a hero’s curtain call at the DNC.

1 Like

Did I see that closed captioning correctly? Walz just said Biden could be dominant?

1 Like

https://x.com/ChicagoDSA/status/1808483462971543750

1 Like

Yes, it should have already been assumed that the convention is going to be a disaster if Biden stays on. It was another important part of the calculation. However, it appears he will be staying. So rather than continuing any argument here, we should probably prepare for Trump’s second term.

1 Like

I think they’re right to make this statement now. If he’s the nominee they will be wrong to follow through on it. But the blame for the spectacle is on one person: Joe Biden.

1 Like

I think it’s still too soon to draw that conclusion.

2 Likes

So basically we’ve reached the “we have every confidence in Arthur Smith as our football coach” stage of the proceedings?

2 Likes

I’m glad the game is over now so we can all head home early and beat the rush.

1 Like