2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

I don’t actually think that is true for a damn minute. Reality has nothing to do with this shit

2 Likes

It’s worth a shot? I mean we know he had a cold, and he had been doing a lot of traveling and all that. So let him heal up and get some rest and do a live presser. It’s been a week after all. I’m not sure why that wouldn’t go a long way to helping his reelection chances. If you don’t agree, then I’m not really sure what your thesis amounts to.

1 Like

He was on live tv without a teleprompter today, he will be live tomorrow.

1 Like

People have been writing articles and claiming Biden was senile for years and nobody had to convene crisis meeting with governors/etc. The reality is the debate provided new data and that data looks more definitive the longer Biden avoids trivial presidential tasks like press conferences/etc. Maybe he will redeem self but it really not looking good

1 Like

Can you link me the video of this event? I found this, but this is obviously is not what you are referring. to.

1 Like

It was a tweet I saw with a clip of him. Don’t think I’ll be able to find it. Blame musk

1 Like

Ok. How did you determine he was not using a teleprompter?

1 Like

It seems like it would be malpractice to have a scheduled, staged event at this point and not have prepared remarks + teleprompter. Like… why would you make Biden go out there and just wing it? That would be crazy.

1 Like

https://x.com/bidenswins/status/1809017479236047008?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

Not the original tweet I saw, but the video is what I was referencing

1 Like

Ok yes I saw this from the same event. He went off the cuff for a minute.

1 Like
2 Likes

Lol impressive stuff there, almost 90 seconds off the cuff riffing about traffic and thanking everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s already toast, just a question of how long it’ll take him to realize.

As Abigail Disney goes, so goes jman220.

3 Likes

Billionaire donors succumbing to the fake news media narrative, smh.

1 Like

Might want to look into who that person has actually donated too, because includes shit like Yang

1 Like

Biden’s going to spend months doing cringey interviews just to prove he’s not senile, this campaign is going just great.

1 Like

I’ve never understood this one. How is “now” second? What about 17 mo ago? 16?

2 Likes

It’s just a riff on an old Chinese proverb. Don’t think too hard about it.

The meaning is simply “just because you should have a good thing long ago doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do that good thing now”.

1 Like

I’m familiar with the proverb. That’s the thing I never understood. It makes no sense, although the message it apparently conveys is a good one.

1 Like