2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

That report doesn’t say Hunter is in charge of access to the president. It simply says, again, that Hunter advises his father. Again, his father.

Maybe, but it won’t be because he talked to his son.

Obviously no one is suggesting Joe’s son has literally zero influence over his decision-making. What is it you want here? Joe should refuse to talk to his family if they’ve had drug problems? Should he shut his wife out of his decision-making processes?

Right that NY Times article about Hunter being the fiercest advocate to continue was the first family
meeting after the debate. I agree it was very unlikely that Hunter was Joe’s point man at that point. That was step 1 of Hunter being Joe’s fiercest advocate and starting this doom cycle we currently find ourselves in.

It would obviously be problematic if Jill was selling her access to Joe to the highest bidder the way Hunter has. Like with the Trumps and Clintons, this is all a bunch of highly unethical but technically legal bullshit.

Where are you getting that from? Are you just making shit up or what?

I never dug too deep into it because I previously (apparently foolishly) trusted that Joe wasn’t actually letting Hunter in on stuff and Hunter didn’t have his ear, so maybe I’m wrong here, but I’m pretty sure it’s like widely accepted that Hunter was selling access. We just assumed it was fake access, so whatever.

I didn’t care about Hunter’s history of drug abuse until this week, when I found out he was sitting in on meetings and advising Joe.

1 Like

Making what shit up? You don’t know/believe
that Hunter has made millions of dollars in sketchy money because of his perceived influence?

I think the mini-primary, the blitz primary, whatever they want to call it, is only going to involve the votes of delegates. Which is fine, given the situation. Basically what I floated the night of/day after the debate.

His family shouldn’t be in meetings in the West Wing that aren’t about family stuff (ie planning events like the annual tree lighting, where they’re customarily part of the event), other than visiting Joe in the Oval.

We all thought it was bullshit that Don Jr, Ivanka, Jared, etc were involved in running the country and were able to grift off it. Now, suddenly, it’s, “Well hey, what’s Joe supposed to do?? Of course his kid is involved!”

3 Likes

Hunter selling access to the highest bidder, I even quoted that bit for you? Seems like FOX News would be reporting it more if it was a real story and not something you just made up.

How is Hunter “running the country?” We were mad at Jared because he was placed in charge of running the Middle East peace process, not because he showed up at the WH and talked with his dad.

You left out “involved in.” Hunter was sitting in on meetings with his Dad this past week. That’s different from showing up and talking to his Dad, which I have no problem with. This isn’t like Hunter showed up, grabbed lunch with his father, and they chatted about life. This is Hunter sitting in on meetings involving the president and his staff about matters that have nothing to do with Hunter.

You are right, unfair assumption I made.

One should assume that he chose these oddly named companies that litter his Wiki based on his assessment of their trustworthiness and integrity:

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were indicating someone on SPE changed your SPE avatar.

So now you’re pivoting to an entirely different scandal, okay.

I mean just this line right here is a doozy

Since October 2021, Hollywood attorney and writer Kevin Morris, who has become an influential adviser/confidant and now financier to Biden, lent Biden more than $6.5 million to pay back taxes, support his family, and fund legal expenses.

What scandal? Hunter has been accepting huge amounts of money from whoever will hand it to him that he has in no way, shape or form earned his entire life. It’s not just a one time thing.

What sort of meetings are we talking about here? If they’re discussing whether or not Biden should run, I don’t have a big issue with Hunter and Jill sitting in. If Hunter is shadow overseeing Israel policy or whatever, that’s obviously different.

1 Like

Ok. I have Joe Biden to not be the nominee by the conclusion of the Dem convention and you have him to be the nominee by the end of the convention. $100 at even odds. Just confirm the wording for me and we are booked.

Booked