2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Trump Says Arnold Palmer Was Hung

This is heartbreaking for women caught in the balance. I don’t think there’s any such thing as a silver lining when women’s lives are at stake, but I do hope this helps people realize what will happen if we don’t push back at the ballot box.

1 Like

Yeah this may keep Georgia blue, which hopefully means a win and a restoration of Roe that saves more women’s lives than this costs in the short term, but it’s depressing that it’s come to this.

1 Like

That’s a slow pitch right over the plate, all Dems need to do is swing away at abortion for four weeks.

1 Like

non-paywall link

The article talks a bit about the VP debate and how Walz abandoned the “these guys are weird” thing that made him so popular to begin with, before getting to the core of it:

Primarily she is not on the way to a nursing home and I think she making that distinction pretty clear. Biden beat Trump once so electorally being a younger more energetic Biden doesn’t seem a horrible strategy?

https://x.com/polymarket/status/1843308259400372541?s=46&t=pYJ2pxr9aadLbGrVNSQUPg

:harold:

I think musk and his bros just recently are putting their finger on the crypto funded betting scales. Probably some value there but then having to risk getting funds locked down or whatever

Sharing polymarket odds is effectively like looking at Rasmussen for polling. Equally worthless.

1 Like

Too much doom and gloom. Kamala is winning the popular vote by 5%+ and over 300 EVs.

4 Likes

I don’t see any path to the restoration of Roe in any of our lifetimes. Even if the dems somehow captured both branches of congress and the presidency AND eliminated the legislative filibuster, the Supreme Court would just strike down any national law codifying Roe v Wade because STATES RIGHTS11111

All 3 branches includes SCOTUS?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant both houses of congress + presidency.

If they had that much power and went that far they would simply pack the court or neuter it in some other way.

1 Like

https://x.com/blockedfreq/status/1843321983607640147?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

Yeah, if she makes “the same erroneous assumption” that Biden did that seems to augur well for her electoral chances.

I can’t remember, where do these numbers come from? Also when do these votes get added into the counts announced on election night?

I am probably a Kamala buyer at 40%. I think some whales (Elon?) are moving the market. I don’t think this current move is necessarily in line with polling or anything.

I legitimately don’t trust polymarket. It’s run by RWNJs and crypto bros. Their betting lines on many issues do not reflect the real world.

PI is also right leaning, but at least had reputable backing and the limits mean you can’t make much off it. But even PI had free money available after the 2020 election because of how much it’s dominated by right leaning users.

1 Like

Like this isn’t me being an overly optimistic cheerleader. I truly believe this is the state of the race, and I would put money on it if a legitimate site reflected the type of odds and modeling that polymarket is right now. As I would assume my believed outcome would come with some longer odds.