2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

That’s Balzy Walzy’ job.

I think the speechwriters failed us here.

I think it’s been fine, and I think her delivery has been good, but not great (needs to pause longer for applause).

I don’t mean to be a downer on the vibes, but the apparently fake “surprise guest” combined with this bland speech that talks way too much about Trump is gonna mean we’re ending the convention on a downer.

Better position than we were in with Biden, but this is a reminder of why Kamala was an also ran in 2020.

1 Like

Kopmala going for 400+ electorals tonight

If there’s not a surprise performance at the end, I dunno wtf was going on with letting those rumors run rampant. And if it’s at the end, it should have been when she took the stage I think.

Dancing with Taylor as they go out?

Speech is fine, delivery is fine, Ben Stiller is apparently old now, but still also fine.

Good take on Gaza

Speech easing me into the usual disappointment when Edems win (provided Harris wins).

The surprise is the balloons don’t work.

Edit: Better late than never.

This was a bad conclusion to what had been a great convention

Disappointing, but not really bad. Just that the first 3.nights were so much better.

Yay genocide yay! Let’s go Israel!

Agreed. First three nights were fantastic. Tonight fell just a bit flat. But given where we were a month ago, I’m pretty thrilled still.

Maybe Steph was the surprise?

Seriously, whoever allowed these rumors about a surprise guest to go unchecked deserves to be fired.

4 Likes

Other than the non-surprise, that was a good speech. I give it a B, but I think it’s going to be viewed as an A by everyone ranging from eDem to actually reachable moderate.

There are a couple of things that would have pumped it up a bit, like a trip through the history of American victories in the fight for progress, and pausing longer for the applause lines.

But she did what she needed to do.

2 Likes

https://x.com/marcthiessen/status/1826812447266656560