2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Right!! On all of this!! And if you walk in grocery stores prices ARE coming down. I see almost every aisle slapped with a “NEW every day low price” sticker and discounts like 15% off.

And, yet, you have morons walking among us like my sister who insists “hopefully in a few months I’ll be able to buy a house, and you know prices will come down” hoping Trump wins :harold:

I just can’t comprehend and have trouble handling the stupid.

Oh I’ve done this. We’re in AZ and have plenty of arguments about it then just move on. She won’t change and I have no problem telling her she’s being a selfish asshole.

I spend too much time with financially secure trumpy boomers complaining they can barely afford groceries. Their bills have doubled!!!

Anyone know much about the actual question they ask when polling? Do they include the full ticket Trump/ Vance or just say Trump?

I think this is different, I think this is a person who knows exactly what they’re doing and trying to say something that is more palatable for you

1 Like

A lot of people correctly understand the problem and are using the wrong terminology, but the problem isn’t fixed. The inflation problem was, but:

1. Average wages outpacing inflation is only good form people doing average or better in that regard.

2. Rent inflation badly outpaced overall inflation. So did some other specific areas, I think child care was one.

3. It’s super hard to become a first-time homebuyer right now.

Kamala has done a better job with this messaging than Biden was, but she needs to hit it consistently and talk about helping people strive for the American Dream. She needs to frame any handouts that way so when the Fox News crowd does their OMG COMMUNISM thing she can say, “So you’re against the American Dream? These are hard working people, this is a tax credit not a handout!”

That said, there’s also another problem on the horizon - possibly teetering into a recession officially. Stories of staples and fast food getting cheaper tells me that those things aren’t selling. In some cases maybe the price gouging is halting in the face of consumer behavior, but it could also mean too many people are strapped for cash and/or running out of credit.

1 Like

these are huge problems for sure

I thank my lucky stars every day that I refinanced at 2.4% right at the bottom and honestly I’m kinda mad I did a 15 year instead of a 30, like what’s the rush to pay this shit off?

2 Likes

https://x.com/nick_offerman/status/1828570906341617812?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

4 Likes

YARN | This is an excellent rectangle! | Parks and Recreation (2009) - S06E12 Farmers Market | Video gifs by quotes | 9a776cf5 | 紗

Death before pickleball, but Trump is worse than death, so I’d have to reluctantly allow it.

3 Likes

sheeple

1 Like

Polling is weird. Today we’ve got a Harris +6 in NV poll and a 50/50 Michigan poll. Stuff like this is why I don’t think we should be overlooking any swing state and potential paths, because it feels like we don’t have any idea what the true state of the race is.

1 Like

This is also an interesting article.

That’s just what the Deep State wants you to believe, we’ll see the real truth when the special House committee led by MTG and Gym Jordan get to the bottom of it.

2 Likes

On November 1st, 2020, if I told you I thought Joe Biden was going to win Georgia and lose FL by 4 and NC by 2, would you have thought I was dumb?

I could be misremembering, but I don’t think so.

The final polling averages did not point to that outcome. Biden was polling better in FL and NC than GA. At least, that’s my memory.

I just checked, on the even of the election, Biden was +2.5 in FL, +1.8 in NC, and +1.2 in GA, per 538.