2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Almost makes me wonder if kinda like forcing Biden out if there an escalating list of prominent Rs who waiting to see if they have to publicly weigh in or not.

The problem is you can’t win an R primary without trump’s cult’s blessing.

Yeah it certainly would be a small list and presumably all people who career essentially over. Maybe the potential list is just GWB and that is it lol

In the “People are complicated” category, I totally forgot that Cheney came out against a constitutional ban on gay marriage during the 2004 campaign.

1 Like

He’s not complicated… his daughter is gay. 100% filed under the, “It’s only okay because it directly impacts me.”

7 Likes

Elon would like a word

3 Likes

I don’t think Cheney gets any extra points for the quintessential Republican move of only having empathy when something personally impacts them just because Elon is an even shittier human being.

2 Likes

Cheney is absolutely a shitty human being. But there are still degrees. Liz Cheney is even more complicated. She would probably be Speaker of the House if she hadn’t broken with Trump. Instead she ended her career.

I’m willing to have Stalin as an ally to win WW2.

1 Like

I literally almost posted the Stalin analogy in my previous post.

The Cheneys have horrendous political views overall, but they truly care about democracy and they have integrity, and that’s more than you can say of the vast majority of Republicans.

3 Likes

Parents visiting, and my father is a big fan of Dubya. I shared the news that Dick Cheney endorsed Kamala and called Trump the biggest threat to the republic in its history.

You could have heard a pin drop, just awkward silence.

6 Likes

Well, let us know how he managed to reconcile the news with his inevitable Trump vote.

So thankful he doesn’t live in a swing state and we don’t have to really fight about it, although the debate will be interesting if we’re home for it because he thinks Kamala is a total moron and I imagine it’s going to be very obvious she’s not.

It’s been interesting to see him process that California isn’t a shithole. He’s pivoting to “Well, San Francisco must be.”

I mean she had a debate with Pence, what’s he say to that?

I doubt he watched that.

3 Likes

Did you guys want some of that raw, uncut Hopium? We’ve got an Emerson poll of Florida that has Scott only ahead of DMP 46-45.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4864690-florida-senate-race-poll-rick-scott/

2 Likes

The Cheney thing may end up being a giant nothing burger, but this makes some good points about why this would be huge in a sane world.

https://x.com/naima/status/1832208299816611881?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

https://x.com/naima/status/1832208910637314355?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

3 Likes

At the very least if this can’t generate a week worth of articles about the grave concerns it raises about Trump makes plainly obvious how in on this whole thing media is