2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

This century, they endorsed Biden, Hillary, Obama, Obama, Kerry, Gore.

What’s different now?

AKTUALLY they didn’t endorse Gore this century

1 Like

Daddy has given everybody permission to be openly racist.

2 Likes

It turns out having your union be run as a racket for a decades poisons it. I really can’t stress enough how the Teamsters provided the primary justification for the anti union campaign that the GOP kicked off in the late 70’s. My entire industry is an echo from the inevitable ending of their absolutely insane crookery.

So yeah the second the Teamsters want to be anything but entirely helpful I’m perfectly happy to tell them to kick rocks. If I was the Harris administration I’d be offering precisely zero help to the Teamsters in any capacity. Definitely not wasting any political capital helping them spread their tendrils out.

I’m super pro union but I’m also very anti teamsters union in particular basically.

Donald trump must really be low on funds. Dude spent the day at some sort of crypto bar in New York. Bold strategy

1 Like

I doubt most people vote or give a shit. I think my wife, who works in sales for AAL, is part of the teamsters union. There’s 0% chance she’s reading anything they send her unless she’s expecting something important.

1 Like

Going to love to see how Nate fits this into the narrative he been building last few weeks about surging chance of losing the EC due to being weak in PA but running up popular vote elsewhere

1 Like

Hear me out, maybe union member involvement isn’t top of mind for an organization that doesn’t get it’s power from labor organization but rather from extrajudicial violence… for like 85% of its time in existence ending like 30 years ago at most.

If you think organized crime influence in the teamsters ended 30 years ago I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

he specifically said the model is in a shakey period until more high-quality state polling comes in, not sure why everyone thinks that whatever the model spits out at given time X is what nate is saying is the ultimate and unwavering truth for all eternity

It definitely definitely didn’t fully. But old school LCN organized crime lost its impunity in the 80’s-early 90’s and is a lot less brazen than it used to be. It’s a different world.

He has specifically been drawing attention to the “% EC loss but popular win” stat going up and been whining about PA ever since Shapiro didn’t get chosen, your right he has started backpedaling/hedging after seeing the writing on wall last couple days

One poll doesn’t erase the EC/Popular vote split. Does anyone seriously think that Trump doesn’t have an EC advantage here? If Kamala wins the popular vote by less than 2 points she is in deep shit.

Pretty long NY times article this AM from their poll guy about idea the EC advantage may not be quite as favorable to Rs this time due to Harris performing well in Northern battlegrounds

1 Like

This framing is a little misleading.

Yes, Michigan +5 is better than the RESULT of the 2020 election (Biden +3), but it’s not better than the POLLING. The final CNN poll in 2020 had Biden up by 12.

In Pennsylvania, the last NYT poll had Biden +6, while the result was Biden +1.

And in Wisconsin, the last CNN poll had Biden +8, while the result was Biden +1.

So unless everyone has fixed their polling in the last 4 years, this is bad for Harris.

The thing it was addressing was how strong the relative EC advantage was so not saying Harris in a more favorable position overall than Biden just that the difference between national and EC not to be as much as prior. So it not really talking about her overall chances of winning, more about the popular vote win, electoral loss scenario everyone blaming on PA maybe not being more likely than past years

ETA- my main skepticism is how they deciding which pollsters to call high quality so I not like claiming this some truth just that it was an opinion that seemed relevant given the conversation

They over corrected and are now too conservative imo. Kamala is crushing.

These are the takes I’m here for, emotionally hedging is a ruse IMO. Gotta enjoy ourselves, we not going to be any less sad if she loses just because we told ourselves we were expecting it

4 Likes

My Nate trolling aside seems tons of polls out in last 24hrs so curious to se where things land today

Nate hitting us with a wall of text before release. Must mean Harris winning again