2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Trump Says Arnold Palmer Was Hung

“I look forward to Senator Vance’s vote on the child care bill we will bring”

If only.

2 Likes

This is really pretty boring. I can’t imagine many normies are still watching.

2 Likes

I think “better at politics” is not by design. They’re simpletons who have very little ability to grasp nuance. The electorate is also largely simpletons. So just saying the same thing over and over even if is nonsensical is the only thing they know how to do and it’s perfect for the intended audience.

You cannot, cannot, cannot be up there saying there’s a lot of common ground.

1 Like

That was elite.

Disagree, of the small slice of voters who aren’t already locked in, a good chunk are “Jeff Flake / John McCain” republicans and this is exactly what they want to hear because it represents the way things used to be and the way things need to get back to.

Took an hour and 39 minutes for Walz to corner Vance on an issue, but at least he got there.

It wasn’t for you. They don’t have to worry at all about who you’re voting for lol. You’re safe so your support is free they don’t have to pander to you at all.

I know, I’m looking at it from the perspective of the voter who’s uncomfortable with Trump but thinks Kamala is too far left. You have to paint them as dangerous and radical, not people that normies have common ground with.

It’s definitely not clearly bad and I trust Tim Walz’s political judgement on stuff like tone. We’ll see what it gets cut into.

Thankfully, that didn’t matter.

It’s only going to be concern trolling about “I became friends with school shooters.”

What did he mean to say there?

He became friends with victims of school shooters.

1 Like

Right iirc the question was about his change in support for an assault weapon ban and his answer was “I met with the sandy hook parents” (a meeting that had been previously mentioned during the debate)

https://twitter.com/blaireerskine/status/1841309335483298236

2 Likes

Walz was terrible at this. I wonder how much of it is Tim Walz though versus some career eDem ghoul know-nothing debate coach, because his performance was very much along those lines.

Get Stefanik the fuck off my screen.

Grunching as I watched on delay, but my reaction for the ~hour I lasted was mostly this:

https://x.com/IwriteOK/status/1841298616058777885

Walz treated Vance with way too much respect and that stopped him from giving more forceful answers about what Republicans want to do if given power.

2 Likes

Yep exactly. Took the words right out of my mouth. Epic fail saying you agree on anything with these psychos on principle.