2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Trump Says Arnold Palmer Was Hung

ILA strike is over til January 15.

1 Like

:coolbiden:

1 Like

Sorry if I’m flogging the local paper’s cartoonist too much, but I got a chuckle out of this one:

Veneer of cordiality at VP debate hides ugly truths

Because he repackaged Trumpian lies in a smooth, appealing, reasonable-sounding rhetorical style and got away with it, Ohio Sen. JD Vance won the vice-presidential debate.

It was, admittedly, a relief to see Vance, the number two guy on the Republican ticket, and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, the Democrats’ VP choice, engage in a very cordial debate. It felt like a return to political days of old when election rivals treated each other with respect, even as they disagreed on policy — a startling contrast to the rude slanders and absurd boasts of Vance’s running mate, former President Donald Trump.

But we are not living in genteel times and Vance, in his political philosophy, is not the pleasant chap he pretended to be in front of the debate cameras. He is an alt-right ideologue who entertains the idea that an American dictatorship might be the solution to all our problems, while willingly endorsing any dangerous lie or fabrication if it will advance his political career.

1 Like

cc: LOL DEMOCRATS thread

https://x.com/camiloreports/status/1842291422256386368

Republicans waged a racist war against legal immigrants and the Biden administration, surely in coordination with the Harris campaign, unconditionally surrendered

Feels like we haven’t had any new poles in forever

Feels like last week or so Nate saying things pretty locked in that anything new one way or other has been offset by something else and it’s a steady 55% - 45% Harris favored flip

yeah but it feels like we were getting new stuff every day even if it was back and forth and then suddenly it’s stopped

Wonder if maybe places were waiting to do post VP debate and we going to get a big dump a week after it?

I think this is just an example of Biden trying to use the program for what is was designed for and not some backdoor to semi permanent status without going through asylum or other processes. It doesn’t seem like capitulation to right wing to me.

There was probably a risk if he extended it that right wing courts find a way to stop it or that a future Republican administration would be able pull the rug with no notice and mass deport these people.

Starting to think hurricane Helene and Port Strike thing were like a couple weeks too early to damage Harris on election day. Maybe it was fortunate they happened when they did and not a couple weeks later. Also Biden not intervening in the port worker strike was probably smart as he avoided blowing it up into a bigger news story.

1 Like

Good. I’m fully onboard with ignoring all polls.

It helps that the local politicians are praising the federal response. No one impacted is watching national talking heads. Local radio and TV is the game.

Great to see the racism ratcheted up on the ads here in Pa during Penn State vs. UCLA. “Crazy Liberal Border Czar letting illegal immigrants invade our nation and promising gender affirming surgery for transgender inmates” they really are sticking to one playbook with these ads.

I honestly can’t believe this is moving the needle, it feels like these guys have gotten high on their own supply. I mean I understand that racism and paranoia works as a strategy but this is so absurd that I can’t let myself believe that low-info normies would actually buy this.

I’m sure I’m wrong though :harold:

As someone with the kind of low-info reliably red voting family members they depend on, you underestimate the transphobia/anti-trans views out there in the wild. Unfortunately.

1 Like

yeah but those people are already past the trump horizon

SSC vibes in this post.

1 Like

There are people that like Trump and hate Trump that simply can’t get arsed up to go vote. This stuff will probably move that needle.